What J.W teaching did you find the hardest to accept??

by karter 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quandry
    Quandry

That each creative day was 7,000 years long. I think they are backing away from this now, but really. This did not account for dinosaurs or even mammoths, etc. If this were true, all life on the earth would only be about 50,000 years old.

Also, that no animal ate meat before the flood. As one poster mentioned, fossils have been found with teeth embedded in them, and some have been found together because they killed each other.

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

As a child I remember thinking that if nobody ever died, that eventually our earth would fill and children would cease to exist or we'd eventually overfill the earth. I think I was 7 or 8 the first time I asked how that could be and I was told that we don't know- but maybe that is why god created the other planets. But a few years later I thought- since humans will go back to a pre-tech lifestyle- how would we ever get to live on other planets? As a child, I couldn't imagine a world without children.

• oompa
    oompa

This is an awesome thread that should live to time indefinte (puke)! Everyone who ever visits this site should be required to post here first!...IMO......oompa

• Quandary
    Quandary

FDS sole channel of communication between God and mankind.

The preaching work mentioned in Matt 24:14 is being fullfilled by the "marketing campaign" of the JWs.

GB and elders appointed by Holy Spirit.

The books of Isaiah, Ezekiel and minor prophets have "secondary" fullfillments in the 20th century all of which apply to the "annointed"!

Babylon the Great refers to the world's religions. Even more bizzare, EXCLUDING the JWs.

Just a few- Toooooo many to list!

Q

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Another thread just reminded me of something else...

COLLEGE. A higher education. It always seemed to me that if it WAS the (T)RUTH, and it was the almighty creator's verbatim word... it would have no problem standing up against anything else learned. The more one knew about the physicality of the universe, the stronger the case for what is True!

...no?

• oompa
    oompa
    hot chocolate: If the paradise earth is the future of nearly all mankind, why didn't Jesus mention it in a clear way at least once?

Every day about 155,000 people die. If you die on Tuesday, and Armageddon comes on Wednesday, you get a bonus 1000 years! Die on Wednesday though, and you are up the creek.

Oh I got SO many more...

Oh those are soooooo good...........thanks.................oompa

• freeme
    freeme

its not a specific teaching who is the biggest problem, but the way the WTS imitates the pharisees by pounding on the last word of the scriptures in their understanding and create new laws too...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit