What J.W teaching did you find the hardest to accept??

by karter 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• karter
    karter

For me it was the fact that god is allowing all these innocent people to get killed to prove a point ,i mean it was a big bet he had with Satan.

I explained it to my wife this way if i had our children killed in the most horriable way just to show they couldn't live without me how does that make me look?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

an increase in earthquakes since 1914

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I couldn't swallow that we were to love our neighbor and feed our enemies, but Jehovah could slaughter them. I never could accept that. W.Once

• oompa
    oompa

That self abuse was!!!..............................................................oompa

• oompa
    oompa

And that we were the only ones with ALL the answers................oompa

• oompa
    oompa

and that you can not talk to df'd ones........soooooo stupid...................oompa

• Highlander
    Highlander

Religious intolerance and the resulting genocide of all non-jehovah's witnesses was unacceptable to me.

It became a lot easier for me when I later learned that many cults share this same concept that all outsiders will perish or suffer accordingly for being non-believers.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Where do I begin?

Birthdays. Even as a dutiful little JW girl, I hated trying to explain this to my school pals with conviction, because it never really made sense to me. There are no scriptures about it, who cares if birthday parties ended in a man's death, MINE wouldn't, and frankly, I not only wanted to get presents (imagine that) I wanted to celebrate the day my beloved ones were born.

Years later when I was OUT... I pulled a fast one on my Mom who was still in. I told her that on my birthday, I was going to get HER a present... because she is the one who did all the work giving birth to me. She absolutely LOVED the idea. ha. I actually did that for years.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

May I just say this is a GREAT question and is already becoming a great thread, and WELCOME to the forum, Karter!

A few more:

* There was no way I would accept that my Gram was going to be destroyed at Armageddon.

* I did not understand all the death and grossness and destruction from such a "loving" god.

* I wondered why Jehovah needed Abraham to talk him into saving the "one righteous man" from Sodom and Gomorrah if he was omnipotent? He acted like he didn't know Lot was there!!!

* When I was in, organ transplants were not allowed, nor, of course, blood fractions. But I really don't see how any one in now can accept that they can get an organ full of blood, or several parts of whole blood, but not a pint of blood? Really, SERIOUSLY, makes no sense.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Types and anti-types, as well as multiple kings of the north and south.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit