Do they still call you "for your time" for this month?

by TJ - iAmCleared2Land 12 Replies latest jw friends

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

We got woke up this morning (again) by a call from one of the elders or his MS assistant, looking for "our time report" for this past month. I've been out for over two years (faded), my wife and the kids haven't attended hardly ANY meetings since the Memorial... talk about clueless. No "shepherding calls" on her (thank goodness!) but they still want to make sure their report for the CO looks good (can't have too many people go inactive, you know!), so they call and harrass her for her to turn in her report on the phone.

I think she knew what the call was about too... the phone rang, woke us up, she looked at the caller ID and said "UGGGH!!" and pressed the button that stops the ringing and sent the call to VM. Two minutes later, one of our girls is bringing her ringing CELL phone up the stairs... he called both lines. She got out of bed, frustrated at being woke up over "her time report", and left the room to take the call. Don't know how that part went.

Anyway, do they still call you? How long does it take before they "get it" and stop? Or did you have to tell them to bugger off?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My email and cell phone number were on a list that the secretary texts and emails
    every month begging for Field Circus Time from. I kept getting the emails and texts
    for a year after stopping field circus. I never responded. I also got reminder of how
    it was my book study group's turn to clean the KH.

That was the only "reaching out" the entire BOE did for me. That eventually stopped.
    When I stopped field circus, no shepherding, no calls.
    When I stopped going to meetings, no shepherding, no calls.
    When the C.O. visited, no shepherding, no calls.
    But the hounding to turn in time kept on past all that until the secretary gave up and
    took me off his list.

I suppose that way, they can say they have made all kinds of efforts to reach me.
    Field circus time is all they really want, anyway- gotta sell those mags.

• newly unsure
    newly unsure

I've been 'inactive' for 2 years in May..... My husband still goes to most meetings and in service (I attend meetings very rarley) But ya they stoped asking me about after 6 months cuz I'm pretty sure 6 mths is when your officially considered inactive.

NewlyUnsure

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

hmm... no, not at all. Even the very first month I quit going they pretty much knew I was choosing not to keep going and never called me even once for my time or for encouragement. Maybe that is because they came over to answer my questions, and I had enough objections that they might have written me off as a lost cause. Since reading here I'm surprised they let me go so easily. I raised all the normal apostate issues, but I only talked to elders about it- so maybe they didn't feel they had grounds to DF me but also didn't really want me around their sheeple?

• martinwellborne
    martinwellborne

last time report was 09/07 i wont do that agin

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

They kept calling about 9 months after I stopped reporting or attending meetings. And that was the PO who knew some of my "hangups." So I assume it was his little way of "reaching out" and carrying out his "lost sheep" routine.

• oompa
    oompa

They did, but then I started turning in 275 hours a month and 600 magazines......then they stopped....oompa

• Hermano
    Hermano
    They did, but then I started turning in 275 hours a month and 600 magazines......then they stopped....oompa

Ooompa that is hilarious! That is exactly what I would have done. Fortunatly, I moved a couple of thousand miles away from my first congration, then switched congregations again, so I was not hounded at all.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Oompa, that's hilarious... gives me an idea, too... if you still attend the KH (I don't), fill out fake reports with exaggerated hours and placements. Just pick names off the lists on the information board. :-) Kind of mean to do to the poor brother that has to sort it all out, but funny as heck, too.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I think I got a call once...about a month or 2 after I first arrived...I guess when they got my card from the old congo and there was nothing for January. Once call to VM since "checking" on me.....nothing since...my they are persistent....NOT..I guess they didn't care as much as they said they did when I first arrived......... I turned in phantom reports through august 2007....with diminishing amounts of time and placements. nothing in September...the thought of wasting another card...... oh the horror.....

mw:

last time report was 09/07 i wont do that agin

oh goody..that means they had to fill out a whole new card for you (well, if the other side of the card wasnt full yet)...every month now they will have to enter 0 and explain it to the hounderhounder. Sept 2008, if they dont have to fill out another card (The publisher cards are two sided, covers 2 years), then maybe they will file you away in the archives... If they started a new card..consider the harrassment to continue for another year...9/09.... oompa:

TJ:

Just pick names off the lists on the information board. :-)

LMAO at both of you....! Snakes ()

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit