IS YOUR KINGDOM HALL NEAR POINT OF COLLAPSE?

by badboy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY TAKERS?

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

DO mean the building, physically? It's not 'ours' but, there is one near us in Aurora, CO that is a double-decker. When it's full, I've heard that the floor bows downward-visible from lower level, and the FD had to limit the capacity up there.

Plus, by me it's an eyesore and a pile of sh*t, fortunate to not have to got up to Aurora much that I have to look at it.

• badboy
    badboy

IT COULD BE OF THE 1ST KIND;PHYSICAL

2ND KIND;NO ELDERS ETC

3RD KIND LACK OF MEMBERS ETC

4TH KIND;OTHER REASONS

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

My old cong. 10 years ago: 45 pubs, 4 elders.
    Now: 15 pubs, 0 elders.

Elders from congs. 90km away are rostered on to take the meetings.

• newly unsure
    newly unsure
    My old cong. 10 years ago: 45 pubs, 4 elders.
    Now: 15 pubs, 0 elders.

is that cuz the cong split once it grew? or did it slowly loose its members?

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It
    IT COULD BE OF THE 1ST KIND;PHYSICAL

2ND KIND;NO ELDERS ETC

4TH KIND;OTHER REASONS

I knew a Hall I used to go to about 15 years ago that was disolved. The reasons had something to do with the issues in the ranks around building a new Hall. The members that were left were sent to a few neighboring congregations. I'm way too out of touch to know any recent examples.

• yumbby
    yumbby

Pioneer Spirit! That Aurora congregation is the last Kingdom Hall I ever attended! They had the korean or vietnamese? congregation upstairs and had to switch it because the ceiling was about to cave in... what a small world this is sometimes?

• hubert
    hubert
    1ST KIND;PHYSICAL

2ND KIND;NO ELDERS ETC

5th kind; ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Hubert

• And He Ran
    And He Ran

My old cong in the West Midlands went from about 120 regular publishers in the early 1990s to about 70 regular publishers in the early 2000s. I think people just get bored more than anything, hearing the same thing week in, week out - it just gets very tiresome.

• Gill
    Gill

The local one is a recentl quick build, probably worth a lot more than the old one, which was in good condition but the bOrg likes to increase the value of its property portfolio so the mugs who had paid off the mortgage of the first KH were suckered in buying another one and taking out another mortgage on a new KH!

One can but wish it would collapse and disappear, but I suspect it may not for a while yet!

I think it would make an excellent bingo hall.....one day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit