More Bad News

by Undecided 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello Ken, I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. I was reading the other day that people are happy in their childhood then they get depressed in midlife than by the time they get in their 70's they get happy again. It sound's like your not getting your season of happiness.

What goes through my mind when I read your post is maybe you should surrender and give your life to Jesus. Maybe that will give you some peace.

I myself today do not live that life or advocate it but I am 55. At 72, if you havent found anything to give you peace I would consider taking the Jesus pill in all sincerity.

You are right about enjoying the time you have left. We should all live everyday as if its our last.

Have you considered anti depressants paxil, prozac. My mother takes paxil, shes in her 70's and she seems somewhat oblivious, happy.

Best wishes Have a great day and year.

• steve2
    steve2

It's kind of disturbing when the stuff of real life comes crashing in on us - especially when we were raised to believe that the end to suffering is just around the corner.

The reality is that our individual lives end long before the world ever will and that is a humbling thought.

• myababes
    myababes

Ken

So sorry about your cousin. It is scary when you hear about a close one that is suffering and it makes you think about your own mortality.

But you sound like a fit and healthy 72 year old with lots of years ahead of you.

Give lots of support to your cousin and live life to the full for yourself, we don't get a second shot at this life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit