"This change shows how close the end we REALLY are..............."

by Warlock 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• proplog2
    proplog2

Warlock: Sorry about trying to read your intentions. However, the thread attracted those who want to ridicule JW's preoccupation with Armageddon.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Warlock: Sorry about trying to read your intentions. However, the thread attracted those who want to ridicule JW's preoccupation with Armageddon.

Pro,

No offense taken.

I have read some of your posts and I think I know where you are coming from.

I appreciate your perspective on this issue.

Warlock

• ninja
    ninja

I'm sure quarks were discovered out of necessity...... JW's were running out of examples showing how close the end was.....

• martinwellborne
    martinwellborne

i'm very fond of them, i'm very fond of them but they go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on............................

• dawg
    dawg

Pro, here's what I think about what you've said... I can see from reading your posts that you are a smart man... so what gives? Why don't you enter the discussion of the first Christian false prophet...that being Jesus himself?

You advised us to simon a research before posting, why don't you do what you suggested and post a reply to my thread about Jesus and his false prophesy?

Its easy to lay down a bunch of foolish quotes from the Bible about the end times, The goons in the bible were wrong just as the WT is now... these scare tactics are part of the orgins of Christianity...Christians have been scared crapless for centuries waiting for your Jesus to come flying down from the skies, and I've not seen him yet.. what does that tell you?

Sorry if my life isn't centered on fearing the almighty, I've seen the outright falseness in this book, and guess what smart guy? I'm no atheist. I'd love to see you put that brain of your's to work answering my thread....

As for end times...and my reply to this thread... Christians are the chicken littles of the religious world, this scare the hell out of all your followers routine is partly why this nonscense religion works so well... Sorry that I said this so openly, and to all my Christain friends on this forum... I'm sorry of this offends you, but I felt the need for a little honesty here.

• Mary
    Mary
    Warlock said: Why is it that EVERY CHANGE is interpreted as "this change shows how close to the end we REALLY are"?

Because unfortunately, that is WHY this religion came into being, it's been the foundation of the religion since it's inception, and they know that if they don't keep Armageddon from 6 months to 3 years from now, people will run faster than the Road Runner from an ACME product.

Instead of building the religion of love, freedom of expression and Christ's death, they instead built the whole thing on fear. Without that fear, they can't keep the masses under control and that is their number one priority. They apparently don't give a damn how many people they screw out of a good education, pension plan or even a normal life, the party line cannot be challenged.

It makes you wonder how many more decades before the majority of Witnesses wake up and realize the whole thing is a sham.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Focusing just on the Witnesses , cultivating fear is the direct intension and drive to obtaining power and creating a marketing strategy for their literature.

My opinion is religions like the JWS destroy and diminish good social values as a result of that agenda.

and putting forth a sullen apathetic approach to humanity with it.

It might be said that the WTS. utilize the belief in Christs return as aggressive propionate to their own desires and needs

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

well they won't make many converts and THAT is a good thing.

I was told three years ago by my little old JW neighbour (just after I got dfed) that the brothers felt Armegedon would be here by the time they finished studying the Isaiah book @ bookstudy - I told her to come around for a cuppa tea when they'd finish the book and we'd still be here to discuss the lie......... She hasn't come around yet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit