"This change shows how close the end we REALLY are..............."

by Warlock 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Warlock
    Warlock

According to one of my relatives, the CO said, on a recent visit, that the offer of "everlasting life" will be brief and to the point.

When street witnessing, if people refuse, do not chase them.

In the door to door work, if someone is not interested, do not persist, just leave.

According to my relative, these changes really show "how close to the end we really are".

Why is it that EVERY CHANGE is interpreted as "this change shows how close to the end we REALLY are"?

I have come to realize that the WTS are masters at jerking people around, and I really HATE IT!

I didn't bother to bring these point up to my relative.

Why?

Because I would get a more positive response if I spoke to my living room wall.

Warlock

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Maybe he's really an apostate CO and doesn't really want get new converts

• Hermano
    Hermano

Maybe they don't want the R and F engaging people in long debates because the householder might bring up some information about JW scandals, or point out doctrinal inconsistencies.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Through out the last 20 or 30 years they wanted us to be brief and to the point. What's with this OFFER of everlasting life? It was a promise made to us that was supposed to come how many times in the last 100 years???

The promise they offer is one of complete mind control. It's guilt and self denial of anything worth while. It's alienation from family and friends, no questioning of anything promised if they don't deliver .

The wts continues with the emediacy of the times, constantly putting more pressure on people that have too many daily pressures to even exist. It seemed like every time a talk was given on this subject it felt like someone was tightening the scews around my head.

Do more, don't waste your TIME on the goats. Study, the end is near. You need the knowledge to survive etc etc. Perhaps there will be a wt on the subject matter your mother brought forth from the CO.

Anyone else heard this??

NMG

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I'm holding my breath

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

This is what we hear from my MIL when we talk to her... how close we really are. Obviously hoping to encourage us. Same stuff I was hearing when I was 5.

• Robert7
    Robert7

If this were true, how unloving this really is. So what they are saying is that you will not make any effort to save their lives, but let them all die due to a 1 minute introduction. If this were a true lifesaving work, and the JWs really want to save people, they should go out of their way to save everyone they can, not just say a blurb and run. To me THIS is bloodguilt on the JWs. If this was all true of course... :)

• JH
    JH

alt KABM

• freydi
    freydi

"The true spirit of Christianity had departed, and now the ambition of the church was to exalt itself as rapidly as possible by crushing out every spark of liberty and subduing all things to itself. Accordingly, says Gibbon,* "His [Constantine's] ecclesiastical ministers soon contrived to reduce the impartiality of the magistrate, and to awaken the zeal of the proselyte; ...and he extinguished the hope of peace and toleration, from the moment that he assembled three hundred bishops within the walls of the palace." The emperor was there persuaded to declare that those who resisted the judgment of this clerical body in matters of faith should prepare themselves for immediate exile. And their decisions were declared to be of divine authority." VOL 2 SITS P.332 http://bibletoday.com/v2/volumetwo_S09.htm

• JH
    JH
    When street witnessing, if people refuse, do not chase them.

Instead, “Pass through the city after him and strike. Let not your eye feel sorry, and do not feel any compassion. 6 Old man, young man and virgin and little child and women YOU should kill off—to a ruination.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit