Memorial: Partaking of the Emblems

by tula 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yumbby
    yumbby

My mom starting partaking when I was 16, no one believed she was annointed including us (the family). She was too headstrong, too in your face to the elders about everything. She was certainly crazy, but they really didn't know that because she saved most of that for home. First my dad had minsterial servant taken away from him for not "controlling his family" and when that didn't work she was actually disfellowshipped for apostasy, when in fact she was acting wacko (long story) but in no way was she acting apostate. Her and I actually drove to Bethel from Louisiana and she demanded a meeting with someone there. They did meet with us actually and called a seperate congregation in to have an appeal. The other congregation judged the disfellowshipping as unfair and get this, they had to announce it this way "Blah, Blah Blah's disfellowshipping has been recinded" you must treat it as it never happened. Didn't really work because during the time she was disfellowshipped she did some truly bizarre things and everyone was afraid of the whole family so we were still shunned either way. Thats a topic for a whole 'nother post. :)

• yumbby
    yumbby

Oh I forgot one thing. My mom completely quit reading the literature after she starting partaking because she said she received it through the holy spirit ahead of time anyway. Do most annointed claim to have the channel like the Governing Body?

• tula
    tula

My mom completely quit reading the literature after she starting partaking because she said she received it through the holy spirit ahead of time anyway.

Just my opinion, but if she had really had the holy spirit, she would have left the WTS and the JWs. She would have known they DO NOT have the spirit of truth. ("a little truth mixed with lies, make the lies stronger" ) Confirmation of the Holy Spirit is having the "spirit of truth"...in other words TRUTH is a priority in your life, and also the physical manifestations called the "fruits". Having the Spirit gives you the character of Christ.

Galations 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

1 Corinthians13:

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies

more on what holy spirit is: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/150767/2746817/post.ashx#2746817

• heathen
    heathen

Poor yumbbly .The WTBTS does reserve the right to determine for themselves if you are nuts but they can't keep people that want to partake of the emblems at the memorial from doing so. I'm just glad I wasn't actually in the org. nor my parents . I only had the six month bible study in which I did throw them out of the house during it .I also have a thesis on why women are not in the 144k martyr pact with Christ . Tula is trying to get me to write the thesis on the whole martyr thing but apparently she or he realizes what Revelation says about the souls of those murdered for the witness to Jesus. That's the major part of it since the WTBTS claims they don't go beyond what is written but their dogma is all about symbolic death .

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

I would never go and sit with a bunch of fake remnant

• justhuman
    justhuman

WT's Memorial is a gnostic Satanic Ritual, in discuised as their Memorial. That ancient gnostic Ritual they pass the so called "emblems" and no one takes them. They deny Jesus, and this is what the WT is doing. Jesus said clearly at John the entire 6th chapter of the gospel, that if you do not eat my flesh and drink my blood there is no life in you.

Simple as that. There is so much difference after I entered to the Chirstian Orthodox Church. In the Church the blood and flesh of Jesus they are not just emblems...THEY ARE the Blood and Flesh of our Lord. It is one of the mysteries that teh Church holds for the past 2000 years.

Indeed you need to prepare your self for the Divine Eucharist, with fasting and praying, because you invite Jesus inside you. And in the communion all the congregation becomes one. You see the Christian Orthodox Church does not stand in front of you and Jesus. It is urging you for a personal relation with Him, and to live the mysteries of the Church that Jesus died for.

WT has nothing to do with Jesus, or with the first Christians...they are a cult and antichrists

• kwr
    kwr

Brenda Lee the author of Out of the Cocoon made a video tape of herself crashing the Memorial and partaking of the emblems even though she hasn't been a JW for years. It is pretty funny to watch.

• heathen
    heathen

Personally I believe the whole thing is more of a celebration of the passover , the apostles did do more than just show up for a cracker and a sip of wine , they actually ate dinner , it wasn't until the end just at sun down did jesus do the ritual of the new covenant . To me it would make sense to have a church dinner and also makes sense to do it in fashion of the time frame of when the sun goes down in jerusalem not whenever it goes down in your area.

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

WT teaches misinterpretation of scriptures that teach all Christians, those deeper in the faith, and those newbies, to come to an understanding of faith in Christ on the same level, including "the memorial". They force interpretation of the separate classes and who supposed to be doing what. It maintains their false doctrin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit