Birthdays are now a matter of conscience????

by sacrebleu 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• choosing life
    choosing life

Hey Tyrone,

Good to see you posting. I wish you the best on your upcoming operation. I hope it is a 100% recovery.

Sincerely, choosing life

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Glad to see you've accepted defeat for your own inequity on your own thread. Run away when you can't defeat cold hard logic. That again is what witnesses are known for. Thats why they don't accept debates on this thread. Cause they can't win. For anyone that wishes to see how you insinuate that I am trying to make this thread about me I invite them to scroll back and read how callous and provocative and self - assuming you have been. In a pathetic finish you then turn around and tell me I can't keep my head on my shoulders. Stop embarassing yourself. You started this and I will finsh it. If you had one ounce of humiity you would have apologized long ago, but because you have not dealt with your past, you still retain witness traits without even knowing. How sad. It's been fun. I'm gonna miss you. Now I will return this chanel back to birthdays unless you wanna start again.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Thanx Choosing life. It will be 6 months of healing and pysio. I know this thread is about birthdays but I would be rude not to show my appreciation. I guess Keira is so intent on birthdays she can't even allow some commradery. The only wisdom she's shown all night is avoiding me. I really didn't want this to be the focus, but I must not let others tell me who I am. Shit, you'd almost swear she's typing her friggin replies from the kingdom hall. Don't worry the recovery will be complete. I have researched the whole thing and I'm a tough nut. Thank you for your kindness!

• Highlander
    Highlander

Kiera,

Your advice is very good, only I suggest you apply it to yourself.

Move on, that is my advice.
  • MochaLatte
    MochaLatte

Wow, that was harsh Kiera. I AM over it. Sheesh.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Blondie said

Strangely enough, the WTS does not list celebrating birthdays as grounds for df'ing in their publications.

that got me thinking, and i have done some checking. As you may expect, Blondie is right, as ever , They have said this however

rs p. 68 par. 4 Birthday **

*Everything that is in the Bible is there for a reason. (2 Tim. 3:16, 17) Jehovah’s Witnesses take note that God’s Word reports unfavorably about birthday celebrations and so shun these.

*** g76 7/8 p. 28 What About Celebrating Birthdays? *

**. True Christians today, too, obey the command concerning false religious practices and those who engage in them: "‘Get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’; ‘and I will take you in.’"—2 Cor. 6:1

When I was in my last congo there was a sister who gave a gift to a grandaughte - We marked her

• Hermano
    Hermano
    I guess birthdays are bad because the Bible talks about two people who died on birthdays. But what about the Lord's evening meal? The Bible mentions three people who died that day. They were tortured to death and one of them was the son of God! If birthdays are bad than that celebration must be really bad.

Nice counter-argument DT.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I remember an article, post 1993 (my son's birth) they said "Mature Christians" would NOT celebrate birthdays. I had called Brooklyn prior to the article asking was it OK to celebrate BD's. They had said too wait for a QFR.

I determined then, I was not a mature JW christian.

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

Hah! Sounds like my mom regarding the "mature christian" thing. They are not your average (majority of) true believers, but are still very much a part of it. She has given up on a number of the clearly unscriptural rules. They keep telling me that there are more and more people in the org that are more progressive. I'm just not seeing it. Hmm... I may have to post a separate thread.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    I was also going to post up that Awake! article but someone else did. While that article is about as clear as normal, it does open the crack of the door for interpretation just like being allowed to vote a few years back.

Which Awake article? I didn't see it posted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit