Its a shame to see you throw your life away at Armegedon...

by darth frosty 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

My own MIL said to me, "It's just a shame that you can't hold on longer. After all the effort your Grandma put in coming back to Jehovah, now you won't see her". I told her you don't need to be a JW to be "saved" and my Grandma is probably in heaven anyway, along with my dad.

momz

• Gopher
    Gopher
    But wait a minute... technically, don't those who die get resurrected and have a second chance? If "the wages of sin is death", wouldn't she have paid her debt?

Not in JW doctrine. If you die at Armageddon, you do not pass "Go", you do not collect $200. You go straight to Gehenna with no chance of a resurrection.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

If you die of a heart attack a second before Armageddon, however...

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

What if you have someone run you thru like saul?

Thanx for the resposes. Here is one for you confession, My wife has taken to watching T.D.Jakes?!? This is after she got over her louis farrakhan stage. She strongly feels the need for a religious presence in her life. I of course now classify myself as a spiritual atheist. Needless to say my new standing goes against what she needs to believe.

You see at the core of all of this, is my wifes burning desire to see her father again. He died in 2002 and she has been distraught ever since. She longs for the end of this system for the ressurection. Also when he passed, was when I first found out just how hollow the JW hope is. When put under the crucible of incredible loss and pain, it just wilts away.

Again thanx for listening to me rant I appreciate it.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

To reply a little more on-topic: I myself used to think - about people who got DFed or DAed - "How can they be so dumb as to do that now, so close to the end!?"

I felt it would indeed be a shame to throw ones life away like that.

I'm sure it was also what the JWs who lived in the early 1940s felt, when they chose to put off having children because Armageddon was so close.

• ferret
    ferret

That's exactly what they told me

28 years ago

Woody

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Thou Shalt not Kill (Threads) Aude Sapere

• Johnna
    Johnna

To reply a little more on-topic: I myself used to think - about people who got DFed or DAed - "How can they be so dumb as to do that now , so close to the end!?"

I felt it would indeed be a shame to throw ones life away like that.

I'm sure it was also what the JWs who lived in the early 1940s felt, when they chose to put off having children because Armageddon was so close.

Yep. I got DF in 1974!!! How dumb was that??? A year before Armageddon. I remember crying in the KH bathroom as I told my then, best friend, that I was gonna be out and I told him what happened. The trial was the next day. He started crying and said "not when we are right at the door of the new system!" But got reinstated at then end of 74, guess it was to get me inside the ark before the door closed.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

When I'm told I might miss out on seeing relatives resurrected after Armageddon, I just remind them that both Stephen and Jesus himself entrusted their spirits to the Father, and I am happy to do the same.

• Connaughty
    Connaughty

Well that what my MIL told my wife. Since she is not going to the hall, she will die at armegedon

You shouldn't worry about what MIL's say.

1. If your wife misses meetings she still will be visited by some Servants, for Memerial, so that's not a write off
    2. If she stays a way, she'll regain her peace of mind, and deal with the grieving process this takes time
    3. The meetings that we attend today,is not exactly how the 1st century christians attended (not 5 hrs a week)

In the publications they state that there will come a time when a ban is imposed upon our faith, and we will not be able to meet freely. The preaching work is also to end during the GT. So, in the end you will not be judged on your meeting attendace, or service time. It comes down to your heart condition, and faith, not meetings and what ever judgements come from MIL's.

Sorry for this red ink...I can't seem to turn it off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit