Whatever Happened with the Big Shake-up!

by oneairhead 19 Replies latest jw friends

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

There was a thread some weeks ago talking about a big shake-up at Mama's House(Bethell), has anyone heard anything. I have to admit it got my hopes up.

One

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah, what happened??

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Yeah, what happened?

• DT
    DT

Who knows? Even if the rumors are true, it could be years before something drastic happens. On the other hand, there have been a lot of changes lately. It's possible that this could be a response to fear or internal pressure.

• freedomfighter
    freedomfighter

It's a house of cards. Just a matter of time in my opinion.

How long can you keep a lie from people?

FF

• oompa
    oompa

What happened was that the GB changed their mind.....masturbation will not be a disfellowshipping offense after all!.............oompa

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Put all other threads together. Barbara Anderson posted a thread from either the New York Times or Brooklyn Chronicle with a verfiable link showing the Bossert Hotel or Stnadish arms was up for sale. It made the comment that the owners the WTS were moving out of Brooklyn. Couple that with other threads and the shakeup is al labout continuing downsizing of staff (new automated machinery at Walkill etc) and more long term Bethelites ar ebeing reassigned as special pioneers to the field

• stillajwexelder
  • 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Oompa,

Masturbation is not currently a disfellowshipping offense...

Thank God!

5th

P.S. Maybe they'll make it one and I could quote Scripture: "Who could stand?"

• DT
    DT
    Masturbation is not currently a disfellowshipping offense...

Just don't say that it isn't as bad as the WTS says. That's far more serious and cause someone to be disfellowshipped for apostasy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit