I just got introduced to Brenda Lee, she sent out a auto email to me
    to join her newsletter and to write my JW story for it also. I
    checked out her website, quite interesting but it seemed from what I
    could read about her (for free) that her story wasn't as tragic as
    many others.. Did anyone read the book??? Did you see the video
    she did, with her the householder and 2 pretend JW's preaching at her
    and her putting them on the spot with the Fairy interjecting the
    truth. Also the audio file of her studying witht he witnesses. That
    was hilarious, it brought back memories. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfDIrPdBQgw
    There was a part on her web page that referred to what she wrote for
    her Mother who passed away. Her Mother shunned her and never spoke
    to her after she was DF. She forgave her Mother and her words were
    so eloquent, it brought immediate tears to my eyes, I had to control
    myself not to sob,

I am sure all you people have seen it, (her website) but I am still discovering.
    Last night I read about the Ray Franz apostasy thing in 1979/80 from
    Randy Walters website, I wish I could find my Crisis of Conscience
    book, I am ready to read it. I can't believe the coverup and the
    lies. Its so fascinating. I am probably just talking about things you all have discussed before
    but there are far to many threads here for me to go back that far
    before I started here.
    Have a great Day
    Paula

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I have not read it -- I've read quite a few and usually discover that our experiences are a lot more "personal" than I expected. A lot of people know what I've been though but not everyone can understand the exact story of mine.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

NO-------Tell us about it.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Good video. I didnt see or hear any Brenda Lee songs in it though.

http://www.brendalee.com/

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I know of Brendalee and her book and her quarterly newsletters. They are excellents. I have a copy of every one of her news letters (3years) except for the one year when she wasn't publishing them for Canadians. The cost of shipping them added up to quite a bit. But I am presently enjoying my free sub this year}.She charges a nominal fee and it is resonable for the time it takes to gather all her infomration and the cost for her printing materials.

I have great respect for her and she is really a lovely person. She is a speaker on Mind Abuse and Cults, she travels all around the USA giving lectures on this subject. She is very very busy and loves doing it. The news letter is between 12/13 pages long. It is great work.

She also uses proceeds for ink and paper and postage and the rest of the proceeds from the sale of her book and the newsletters is to pay for further education on Cults and for travelling and telling groups about the dangers of Jehovah's Witnesses. I thank her for the work she does in preparing and helping others escape the world of Cults especially from JW's and other so called religous groups. Here is her website for any desiring further information. www.outofthecocoon.net

She is a card, did any of you see her video of when she partook of the emblems last year at the memorial? That was quite interesting. She probably gave the elders a heart attack. Her book is her lifes struggle to get away from the abusive life she had and is well written, she also has included in her book some poetry she wrote and I think she did a great job. So does her publisher. As you come to know her you can see why she calls her book and newsletter "Out of the Cocoon"

I won her book, in a contest and I also recieved this years subscription to her news letters.

I loaned my copy of her Book "Out of the Cocoon" to my girlfriend and she enjoyed it as much as I did. It is written as if Brendalee's were sitting right beside you telling her lifes story. Just like all of us our trials and tribulations growing up in this cult and its repercutions it has had on all of our lives she shares her life in this way too. I recommend her book highly.

Barbie Doll my girl friend just finished reading it and enjoyed it as well as I did.

Love Orangefatcat

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Thanks for your input Guys and Girls, I got negative input from another Exjw group I am on, they thought she was all about marketing herself for profit and that she was being spiteful. They said she went to the Kingdom Hall and chewed Gum loudly, also took the emblems to cause a scene. They said she talked too much about her sex life in the book. I am openminded and understand where Brenda is coming from. We all react differently to being betrayed by the Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit