Jan KM question box

by carla 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RR
    RR

Hey don't you recall the Society stating that the FDS class does all the reseatrch and all you have to do is read their publications?

RR

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hamsterbait, that sounds intriguing. I wonder who the mole in the cong. might be.

Realistically, can a JW be DF'd for encouraging BS without the use of WT literature?

Does anyone have a scan of the question box?

Shelly

• wifekeepsmeinit
    wifekeepsmeinit

If I remember right, there was little blurb in the KM, the one we get at the beginning of every year, about how we can read all 1189 chapters of the Bible in one year. Well a MS did a talk on it at the TMS, about how we should read the Bible daily. Then an Elder did an entire talk (35min) the next week.

Im assuming not an indepth reading of the Bible, Im sure their advocating a very shallow level of reading.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Their 2 books qualify a person to be a JW and nothing more-so says the baptism oath.

• aniron
    aniron

This reminds me of the story of a guy being called on by a JW (some may know this)

JW : We would like to offer you a free Bible study.

Guy: Thats nice. Would like to study the Bible

JW : We can study this XXX book.

Guy: Yes after we study the Bible

JW: Then we can study this XXX book.

Guy: Yes after we study the Bible

JW: Then maybe we could also study this XXX book.

Guy : Yes we can that after we study the Bible.

JW: Just what have you against studying this books?

Guy: What have you against studying the Bible?

• oompa
    oompa
    civics:

Why does it take 2 books to convert a person? Did Jesus and his apostles take this much time to preach to someone?

Because Brainwashing takes time! It can not be done by laying on of hands, unless of course it is an elders hands on a kid........oompa

• lesterd
    lesterd

Once wshed, then through the ringer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit