Jan KM question box

by carla 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

The question is- What two publications should be studied with interested ones? They go on about the Bible Teach book for starting a Bible Study, it's ok to use some other tract, after the Bible Teach is Worship God book. They should finish both books even if qualifying for baptism before then. What is missing from this entire article? That maybe, just maybe a Bible should be used in a Bible study. I don't know, maybe it's just me thinking one should actually use a bible at a bible study.

• watson
    watson

Don't forget, when you study the societies publications, they make it easy by telling you what scriptures to look up.

• kls*
    kls*

Agreed Carla but not the NWT bible which has been hacked to fit the jw BS.

How ya doing lady?

• carla
    carla

Hey there KLS!! How you doing? I was just thinking about you the other day! I will send a pm later ok?

Of course not a NWT!

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

The NWT raises the exact same problems with JW's if studied correctly as any other bible.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Here's a question (preferably for any current Witnesses lurking around):

Why does it take 2 books to convert a person? Did Jesus and his apostles take this much time to preach to someone?

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

In my 18 month study we have gone around through the Bible Teach book, Daniel book, Revealatron Climax and articles in the Watchtower. Problem is, I keep asking pesky questions about everything and so we look at the Bible and I have a Greek interlinear to look into as well. I don't think this study is going "by the book" according to what is expected from a normal person. But this is me, so what did they expect?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I believe that the only book that should be necessary for a Bible study is (gasp!) a Bible! And not that fxxxed up New World Translation, either. The best Bible is one that has been put together by a group that merely wanted to make the Bible a common book, not one that is part of a cult.

And, no organization should be needed. One can study the Bible independently or in small groups, and they should be allowed to use independent sources to verify the accuracy of the doctrines. Only that way can they actually test their faith.

• wifekeepsmeinit
    wifekeepsmeinit
    That maybe, just maybe a Bible should be used in a Bible study. I don't know, maybe it's just me thinking one should actually use a bible at a bible study.

You know its funny, lately in my Kingdom Hall they have been promoting the use of an actual Bible study, without the aid of publications. But I have to ask; are they really interested in you studying the Bible without our publications? I personally have no time to study the Bible and neither does my wife or children. We have got the Revelation Book study, TM School, Kingdom Ministry (question and answer), WT magazine, Sunday meeting, and Saturday and Sunday door knocking. Between all of this, plus work, plus home maintanance, and anything else you have in your life, there is no time left. Its the constant drone of "Christian Meetings" that have nothing to do with worshiping God, "studying" (I use the term lightly) and having the door shut in my face, really brings you down.

civicsi00,

Why does it take 2 books to convert a person? Did Jesus and his apostles take this much time to preach to someone?

They want you to be fully indoctrinated, so as to become a full member of Gods people. Its a big decision (a huge decision), because you are going to be worn down with the constant Preaching, and WT mag study, BS, KM, TMS and the like. I think when people get baptised before they are indoctrinated to JW Theology, newly baptised ones end up being DF's, DA'd or fade fairly quickly. They dont want too many people leaving.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

wifeKMI -

You need to be careful. Once the elduhs are advocating just reading and studying the babble, it can only mean that at least one of them has started having his own doubts, and hope to help others see the light without being DF.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit