The little liar that became a monstrous behemoth

by Tyrone van leyen 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Thanks Joseph. I don't always get inspired in my topics. Coming from you, I am deeply honoured.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Thats a good question MK. I don't know, but when you consider the mans ego and need for attention, that deficit could suck up just about every ounce of joy that anyone could have celebrating anything. I also wasn't aware of the life savings scam. I guess there's just a never ending suprize with this guy. Like I said I don't claim to be an expert but the more dirt that can be dug up, the better. It gives a very clear picture of what were dealing with in terms of deviancy, greed and preying on the innocent.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

But it seems like SOMETHING must have set him off. Did he just wake up one morning (hung over in the gutter) and say "HOLIDAYS ARE OUT!" Or was it a gradual thing over time?

Does anyone know which holiday went first and how the changes were announced?

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

It must be in some of the early mags. I can say this. It is really a power display and a loyalty display to have the ability to wipe out a national hollidays. He wasn't testing there loyalty to God he was testing everyones loyalty to him and was testing to see just how far his hand could reach. This was ego gratification, and he was king of his little kingdom. His arrogance and personality was also reaching into civil society, for which he had some kind of a grudge against. Probably for throwing him in Jail. Every dictator needs an enemy to rally the people against or blame as a scape goat. With Hitler it was the Jews. With the Da Judge it was civil society.

Not saluting the flag, and harping on Catholics were some of the anti-social behaviours he made his followers do. This got a lot of people beat up and thrown in jail. They thought they were pleasing God but really they were pleasing Rutherford who in his own mind was God. He never gave a rats ass about the welfare of his folks just as any dictator doesn't care. The only difference was, he had a kingdom within a kingdom, and legally, always seemed to know exactly how much he could get away with.

Saddam Hussein, as sick as he was, at least loved his family and they appear to have loved him too, with a certain degree of fear. Not so with Rutherford! He was insufferable. Saddams body count was high. So was Rutherfords, with the exception of no blood letting. In contrast he only killed the soul by breaking families up. But still, not allowing blood transfusions was a pretty good way of killing in the name of religion. I don't know what it is about dictators being thrown in jail before there rise to absolute power but Saddam did his little stint to. People that come out of jail don't exacty strike me as good candidates for ruling countries or religions. If there was a devil, thats probably where the power transfers really took place. ( Just a theory)

Another thing, doesn't it strike you as strange that Russells gravesite is not with the others in Wallkill NY? It wouldn't suprize me if he arranged it that way. Why? Again because he wanted Russel to appear like a freak show buried under a Pyramid and because Russell used to be a serious contender for followers. Ironically, I posted a thread called wheres dem bones, and challenged any one to find a picture of his tombstone or whereabouts off the net. No one was able to. I wonder sometimes if thats really because he was so hated by those whose lives he'd ruined that his gravesite would be desecrated. ( Again just a theory) Rutherford my man " You are the freak show!" You rewrote and changed all of Russels works and today your Cronies are rewriting your own history putting a new spin on things. They are only following your pathetic footsteps. You can't hide the truth. You were a dictator, and a very clever sociopath but your personality cult will not survive in cyber space and your legacy will be laid bare for all to see.

You took a lot of tricks from the leaders of your day. Teddy Roosevelt once said. " Speak softly and carry a big stick." Your idea was to actually carry a cane with you, and equip your cronies with them. This way, you could all act feeble but then use it as a club, in case some might disagree with your policies or threaten you for ruining there lives. I think some might call that being a coward and bully. Is that what you do with your Shepard's crook? I'll just call you what Austin Powers would have called you, "Fat Bastard!"

Tyrone van Leyen

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Hope you find what your looking for MK. Good luck. I reckon it'll be easier than finding Rutherfords tombstone.

• flipper
    flipper

TYRONE- Great thread by you guy ! My wife and I love your tongue in cheek humor and you really do have great writing ability ! Rutherford was a grandiose manipulating , pontificating bastard , who really believed his own illusions of power and control over other people. Many in the witness organization have that same view today of themselves trying to control others ; even some exiting the witness cult keep that superior attitude towards others, dominating them . But like you said, I believe Karma comes and bites them in the proverbial a$$ in time ! Good to have you back friend ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Hey Flip! Good to see you. Thanks for the kind words. Yep, the older I get, the more I beleive in Karma. Ive seen a lot of folks get nailed in an almost poetic fashion. Mind you it took some time. There are those however that are tremendously slippery. Perhaps they'll get there's on the other side. It's all energy and Rutherford put out enough bad karma to last a million years.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Visions of Glory:
    A History and a Memory of Jehovah’s Witnesses

by BARBARA GRIZZUTI HARRISON

http://www.exjws.net/vg.htm

The Mystery Years of "The Judge"
    Joseph Franklin Rutherford in Missouri

http://www.freeminds.org/history/mystery_years.htm

Hi Tyrone: I finally read your post. Thought you might find the above links interesting. At first I was going to absolutely agree with you. I had always thought Russell was deluded but benign and that Rutherford was the ruthless controlling one but reading the above I have changed my mind slightly.

I feel that Russell contributed greatly and the affects are still felt; how he felt about women and how to raise children. (see http://www.exjws.net/vg3.htm)

It's amazing and very sad how these two unbalanced men continue to influence so many people.

edited to add: From their Watchtower magazine: The Purpose of this Magazine, The Watchtower................This magazine has been published by Jehovah's Witnesses continuously since 1879 and is nonpolitical. It adheres to the Bible as its authority.

If Rutherford, and the Jehovah Witnesses of today, rejected Russells teaching why do Jehovah Witnesses still claim that they have preached the message since 1879?

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Hi Gq! Yes, it is interesting to try and see things from the womans point of veiw. It could certainly be veiwed as Tyrrany. Keep in mind however, that in those days, bigots and chauvanists were a dime a dozen. It might have been more severe however under Russels tuteledge. This sexism is still clearly in place today. I must remind you though, that biblically, Russel was trying to veiw the world the way, it was veiwed in ancient times, where women had to cover their heads when entering a temple and leave home until her period was over and she could be declared clean. Russell probably thought that by his own way of seeing things they had it much better than in ancient times.

Insufferable absolutely, but I think the stakes wern't as high either. It was still more of an open church in those days and it was Rutherford who closed the doors and started putting the FU in fun. I"m certainly not giving Russel a free pass. He was a liar as well and a con man. I read his court transcripts.( Sorry, for some reason, my writing is slanted now) His contribution to what the kingdom hall is like today, is there to a degree. I agree with you on that. It is the mean spirited ways of the elders however that have the greatest impact on lives today and the structure left behind by Rutherford, that left very little room for things to change. It turns people on each other. Arrogance was there from the begining, no doubt and sexism to. But guess what. I could argue that Hitler didn't invent antisemitism. Thats a fact. Jews were hated in his country long before he came around. He simply stirred up hatred that was already there and cemented that hatred into action. So if antisemits existed when Kaiser Wilhelm was in power, how come no one remembers him and only Hitler. It's cuz Hitler turned it into a bigger and even uglier problem. His Reich was wiped out but even to this day, there are still diehard Nazis.

There may be a few Russelites today, but it is very small in comparison to what Rutherord left behind and it hasn't change much except flip flopping doctrines. Yes the org would not have come about without Russell and his predictions but the core of what makes change impossible and what makes the religion deadly is what Rutherford left behind. If it makes you feel any better I hate Russell too, but I have to give the jerk of the centrury award to " Fat Bastard"

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Oh, in answer to your question about why do they say they have been preaching the message since 1879. The answer is simple. You have think the way a lawyer thinks. They can say that in truth because the part they leave out is "The message" has changed about a million times. A little bit of cognitive dissonance doesn't hurt either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit