How long has this site been around? (New Guy)

by josh1029 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• josh1029
    josh1029

I always knew others had the same thoughts and ideas as I had ... but I never could have imagined that it was on this large of a scale. Wow ... people who understand and will not judge.

Little about me:

I am the son of an elder. (This of course has always come first.) Parents both baptized before I was born, so this is all knew. My eyes opened to the REAL truth in my early twenties, although I was do things to rebel as early as 14. Grew up crazy poor because my father was insistent that 'Jah would provide', so he worked part time cleaning carpets and pioneered. (Lord knows I could talk for hours on that alone.). I have been married to a wonderful woman for 3 years now, but since she is not a JW and we lived together for a year before we got married, they did not come to the wedding. They have little or no communication with us because of that, yet they blame me. My wife does not understand. I try to explain it to her, but it is beyond her. How could someone that has not lived it understand? I was married before to a witness that cheated on me repeatedly, yet the parents supported that situation (and still do) more than they ever will this one. .

I have one sister that has been disfellowshiped twice and reinstated. Her only goal is pleasing our father. She has wrapped herself into a pretzel trying to do so, without understanding that nothing is ever enough.

On top of it all, and the thing that bothers me the most, I am a failure in my fathers eyes. With no hope or direction of college or advance education (why would there be? We are all supposed to rely on 'him' and pioneer), I have made a good life for myself and my family. Nice modest house, bills are paid on time. I would consider myself a good person, twisted sense of humor sometimes, but good overall. Good to my friends and family. (Although my friends have become my extended family) But since I am no longer a Witness, and can now think for myself, I am a failure, and he has failed as a father. I know better, but it still aches every once and awhile.

Well ... wanted to say hi. Look forward to talking and chatting in the future. Nice to finally find like minded folks.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

- "How long has this site been around?"

Since it was Pro-JW :)

Welcome aboard!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Since March of 2000

Welcome to JWD

Dismembered

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

It's cool that you found this place, josh.

It can be very therapeutic.

But it can also get...

Well, you'll see.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome to the forum, Josh. You sound like you'll fit right in. (The board does get a bit addictive for some of us.)

I too had an elder father who seemed hard to please. Being DF'd now, the only way I could ever "please" my parents is to go back to the JW's and pretend to be happy. That won't happen.

I"m happy for you that you have found a good mate and made a good life. Your parents are missing out on a good thing because they ignore you and your wife. The best revenge is to keep leading a happy life.

This discussion board started in 2000 when Simon (the board's founder and owner) had questions that weren't being answered by his local elders for him. So he came on here to see if other JW's had answers. Pretty soon, as things go, the board turned more skeptical about JW's being right.

• JK666
    JK666

Josh,

Welcome to JWD!

JK

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Hey Josh, mind me asking what part of NC your from?

• josh1029
    josh1029

Hey Josh, mind me asking what part of NC your from? Been in Charlotte a little over 3 years now. Moved here with the wife right before we got married for her job.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Cool I'm in Charlotte too, we do monthly meet up's if you ever want to go to one.

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

Welcome, Josh! Sounds like you and I have some similarities. My first wife was a JW and cheated on me repeatedly as well. Maybe this is more common than I thought among JW girls??? Anyway, nice to meet ya!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit