January 27th 2008

by zanex 28 Replies latest jw friends

• zanex
    zanex

Started out like any other normal day..with plans to go to Taos with my girlfriend and a good buddy o mine (WLG) sorry mang...had to give u some recognition on this one...anyhow..we went out to a nice place for some breakfast..wandered around taos, went to the taos pueblos to get a chance to watch the Native Americans dance at the Taos Pueblo...then we went out to the Taos Gorge..which for those who dont know is a quite big hole in the ground bout a mile down...the bridge is somewhat a daunting look down for ones who have never seen it before...

Anyhow...my girlfriend at first refused to step one foot out onto the bridge but with a little coaxing and a promise to make sure she wouldnt fall off i gradually brought her out to the middle of the bridge where there is a small outcropping where one can stand and look out over the gorge...we stood there staring over the side of the bridge for a few minutes then i slowly took her hand in mine and looked deep into her eyes...

....and i dropped to one knee....(quite funny too cuz initially she was like what are you doing?)....i still had her hand in mine and she was staring down at me like I was doing something silly or humorous like is my usual personality trait...I stared at her for a minute or two and said a few sentances of which are too personal to bring up here and then i asked her to marry me....

She looked at me and said "What?! Are you kidding me?! You bring me all the way out to this bridge over the middle of a mile deep hole, scare the crap outta me, shock the heck outta me and you expect me to say YES to you? YES,of course I'll marry you!!!!"

Shortly after the tears started on her face....but tears of joy they were...the rest of the day was filled with romping through the hills of taos, then back to Santa Fe to get my ride and head back home to Albuquerque with my fiancee...hmmm interesting word that is...but I feel good. With so much crisis with my pop dying and my homecoming to NM and facing down the witnesses of my old days it felt GREAT when she said yes!

Wanna give MUCH thanx to WLG...u da shit mang....those pix are stupendous...

• rekless
    rekless

best wishes for a long and endearing love.

dan

• BFD
    BFD

CONGRTULATIONS, zanex!

Really, that's great! I am very happy for you!

BFD

• Namaste
    Namaste

Wow!! That sounds like a wonderful proposal! I liked her reaction. You must be a special guy to get her out on that bridge!

Congratulations!

• maxwell
    maxwell

Congratulations!

I wish you success in your relationship.

• free2think
    free2think

Congratulations to you both, thats so romantic.

• zanex
    zanex

Thanx...I thought my goose was cooked when she initially refused to go out onto the bridge...I was like "argggg dammit" it was a beautiful day..the clouds rolled in it started to snow as we drove back into Santa Fe....she passed out cold on the drive back to albuquerque...(chuckle) she still isnt used to the elevation...caligirl that she is. lol....and thanx to everyone for the well wishes!

Things are looking up....if I can be so bold as to say that...

• JK666
    JK666

zanex,

CONGRATULATIONS!

JK

• Tara
    Tara

Congratulations! How romantic. I hope you both will be very happy.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Congratulations - I was out there a few years ago, looked at the gorge, so I could picture the whole thing in my mind. Most romantic!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit