Mother-in-law gets a letter from JWs

by Jim_TX 17 Replies latest jw friends

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I got one of those letters a while back. I wrote a very nice letter back explaining some of the reasons why I couldn't trust JW's to help me understand the Bible. :P I also said I'd be glad to have a Bible study with them as long as we didn't use WTS publications. For some reason, I never heard back. You'd think they would jump at the opportunity to start a Bible study.

Obviously, though, it's a scam for hours. With computers, one could crank out hundreds of generic letters personalized to each recipient in a short time, but this letter was hand written. It takes a lot more field service hours when you hand-write your letters instead of using the computer. ;)

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

My mother-in-law filters out her dad's mail. He's in a home with alzheimers, so she takes care of the business end of everything.

About a month after my MIL's mother died, she filtered through the mail and found a letter addressed to her dad. She opened it and found a letter along with the tract "Hope for Loved Ones who Cacked". She was pretty pissed off about that one.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Hey, pioneers! Build a Website - then count every pageview as a call! Sort your log files by client Ip IP to track return visits!

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I think it's really creepy and a bit sick to go through the obits to look for potential victims, and then victimize the bereaved.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Jim-TX:

Oh - the letter - and tract - destined for the garbage can.

Are you sure you want her blood on your hands?

OM

• chickpea
    chickpea

same deal with the pioneers at the hall i attended..... sift the obituaries and send a letter and tract.....

this older sister i knew back then used to say.... the only people she ever knew who counted time incessantly were prisoners and pioneers...... kinda not that much difference in my "new eyes"

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "Are you sure you want her blood on your hands?"

I know you're joking but, when my mother-in-law realized what the letter was about - she pretty much directed us to toss it.

She is always on alert anytime mail comes addressed with her deceased husband's name on it. She feels that it is either some long-forgotten bill, or perhaps a relative or friend that never got the news. So - once she was told who it was from - and partially what it said - she pretty much was relieved - and said 'toss it".

Regards,

Jim TX

• Open mind
    Open mind
    she pretty much directed us to toss it.

Phew! I was worried there for a minute. Now Jehober will only have to kill you once.

Enjoyed your post Jim.

OM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit