Wanna hear some horses**t?!?!!?!

by ashitaka 15 Replies latest jw friends

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

This makes absolutely no sense. Neither DA'd/DF'd but still not allowed to participate in the wedding party? And, if the wedding is held in a neutral place, does this mean the r&f won't attend? This is horse crap for sure. I'm sure its extremely difficult for your parents & sister right now, and I hope everything works out.

Weddings are one of the happier events in the congregations, and to turn it into the situation it has become will probably make alot within this particular congregation go "huh"? There might be a silver lining, I'm just sorry its at the expense of your sister, soon to be brother in law and the rest of your families happiness.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

thanks petts, and to everybody who replies to the thread...i've read all the posts and they've made me feel better...

ashi

"I pray that I may never see the desert again-hear me God."-Robert Bolt

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Barry,

Sorry! Never heard of them referred to as SDA. But the difference between JW's and other religions is that other religions don't typically have the strict guidelines for membership that JW's have. I'm sure some do, but typically not.

Notice your post said you studiED with the JWs? That's past tense? Glad you came to your senses! Haha!

Andi

• Dan B
    Dan B

ashitaka,

The same thing happened to me with my first marriage. We were both in "good standing" but were not allowed to use the hall to get married. It was a control issue. I had bumped heads with the elders about a few minor issues, and this was there way of showing me who the boss was. We ended up getting married in City Hall, and besides immediate family, no one showed up.

The irony of the whole thing was that I used to be a regular contributer, dropping in $50 and $100 bills on a regular basis. I also volunteered for any and every project around the KH. I was there for them all. After that happened, I did not drop 1 red cent in the box, and I never helped around the hall again. I figured after 20 years of supporting that place, the least I could get was 45 minutes to use the place for my wedding.

I remember one time it was our book studies turn to clean the hall. One of the elders came up to me as I was leaving and made some comment about doing my part to clean the hall. Man, if looks could kill I would have vaporized him where he stood!! It never came up again.

Dan

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Kill them all, let the Devil sort them out.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I agree with Neab....lol....but Dan, my wife and I already had to elope because of these jokers...(and no hanky panky involved...we just loved each other...no sex before marriage even)...and here they are again controlling my life. Even though I don't attend anymore. It's just infuriating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit