Wanna hear some horses**t?!?!!?!

by ashitaka 15 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

My parents just called and told me that the elders were going to forbid my sister to have her wedding in the hall, and refused an elder to give the talk because we were going to be in it. There is no reason for this because we are not DF'D or DA'D.

I think my Dad is going to type out his DA letter tonite, he was so pissed.

TO ALL ACTIVE JW'S WHO POST HERE!!!

You all lie about the condition of the congregation! You allow no insinuation to hit your ears, but here is live proof. People who are good, clean people, are being slandered, called vile, disgusting and immoral!!

Truth that isn't truth is NOT TRUTH!!!

This is the way all halls deal with their people. I have seen it over and over, and now it is here with me, right now.

TO ALL ACTIVE JW'S!!!

Take your lies and visions of the new world and bury with your other bones. You'll have none, I swear! All of those good-hearted people who have died for nothing! So that people like them can be slandered and cast out in favor of 'anointed' beggars, corrupt elders, and weak parishoners.

Listen, or you'll regret it when it is too late to live, when your life is in twilight. Don't realize hypocrisy too late.

ASHITAKA

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I can't belive such a small thing pissed me off so much....sorry peeps....but it was the conversation I had along with the news that infuriated me. I told my father everything....and you know what? I think he's not gonna be a pawn anymore. I told him about what really happens in the elders meetings, what people do to one another, some small doctrinal things, the Nazi thing....he didn't know any of it. He was so angry. He's been calling elders for days complaining that Witnesses no longer care for their youth....and when I told him the consequences for too much mouthing off he said...do you think I really care?

No.

I don't care anymore either.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Hallelujah! Chalk one up for "the Truth" (the real kind, not the fake Watchtower imitation Brand X)!

• 4horsemen
    4horsemen

ashitaka,

my condolences to your sister and family. Marriage is one of those special rare times in your life when you can hope people can just wish you well.

I dont know the particulars but the only argument (weak) would be if some of your family members in the ceremony were inactive/irregular in service/meeting attendance. Then you're looked at as if on your wayto DA. Obviously this is a judgement call on the part of the BOE but can you imagine when Jesus attended the wedding and turned the water into wine him asking before hand, "May I see your field service reports for the last six months?"

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Hi ash,

It's good to get it out. Sometimes just talking about how we feel works wonders. Hold nothing back!

"I don't want someone in my life I can live with, I want someone in my life I can't live without."

• barry
    barry

Im an SDA and my wifes a Catholic and when we got married there were problems so we just went to the Anglican Church with no problem. The Priest was the only Anglican there all the rest were SDA and Catholic ridiculous isnt it.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Ashy!

Sorry to hear the elders are giving your family a hard time. But maybe they're doing your family a favor. They may be so repulsed they'll ALL leave. Wouldn't that be nice?

The elders did the same thing to my youngest sister. They told her she couldn't be in her best friend's wedding at the kingdom hall because she was living in my house. (I had given her a place to stay because my JW fantic mom was driving her literally into a nervous breakdown and I was officially DA'd at the time.)
    She was so upset, she said hasta lavista, Watchtower. I will thank them personally next time I see them for being such tremendous jerks that I got my little sister back. Gotta love it, Ashy.

"The God that comes before skepticism may bear little resemblence to the God that comes after."
    (M. Scott Peck: The Road Less Traveled)

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((ash)))

I'm so sorry to hear about your family. But 4horsemen is right - this should be a time of happiness and blessings. *shaking head* It's so sad that the BOE can't see that. It's their loss!

My only word of advice? Don't get too excited about your Dad and his reaction to the elders. It's a knee jerk reaction. Maybe this will be the breaking point for him to leave (and we all hope it is), but he's just pissed right now. He will calm down at some point and think maybe the elders are right. It may not happen, but at least prepare yourself for it!

Barry - what is an SDA? Don't know if you've had much experience with JW's but trust me - a typical JW isn't going to get married in an Anglican Church if the local elders won't let her do it in the Kingdom Hall! Just curious as to how you found this board? Do you have JW relatives?

Andi

• rem
    rem

ASHITAKA,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Yes it is very frustrating! When my wife and I got married five years ago (this friday!) we had a similar issue. My brother and my wife's sister were recently reinstated and we wanted them to be in our wedding (of course). Well, the elders said that since they were still on restrictions then they would not be able to be in the wedding at the Kingdom Hall.

Well we were pissed and printed out the WT articles that said that even worldly family members could be in wedding parties. But it all fell on deaf ears. I was still a brainwashed MS at the time, so I didn't even consider not having the wedding at the Hall. I would have done things differently now, but in the end the elders won that battle. I did make my brother an usher, though, so he could wear a tux.

It's so amazing the degree that the Organization controls people's lives!

rem

'A scientific opinion is one which there is some reason to believe is true; an unscientific opinion is one which is held for some reason other than its probable truth.' - Bertrand Russell

• barry
    barry

Billygoat SDA is 7 day adventist I was just trying to say the JW s are not the only stupid ones. I studied with the witnesses for a while

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit