in defense of the Holy Trinity

by potentialJWconvertswife 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Part of the Watchtowers game is to get people to believe that their positions on things such as the Trinity are the most important issues to discuss and understand.

By doing so they distract the potential believer from investigating some of the major claims and problems the religion has. This includes their insistance that Jesus Christ appointed their religion as the only true one in the year 1919, that thousands of years ago ancinet meddeterannian Bible writers where inspiried by God to prophecy when their leaders would write certain articles in their magazines and hold cetrain conventions, and that science and history show that the world has gotten worse since 1914.

History, science, and basic common sense show that their radical claims are all the rantings of people out of touch with reality. But they will never come to your door and teach you these things. If they do, it is very sanatized and non confrontational.

The goal is to get him to realize that what the Watchtower says is important to him is nothing copared to all of their other bogus nonsense.

• willyloman
    willyloman

I second the motion that you can't win an argument over the Trinity. People have been arguing about it for 1,700 years, with no resolution in sight.

It's an article of faith on both sides; neither camp will give ground. Now that I am no longer a dub and don't have to defend the WT's view, I can look at the Bible objectively and readily see why the nature of Christ was a raging argument for centuries. It looks like it could have gone either way. And it took political intervention, backed my the military might of Constantine, to achieve some sort of consensus. Even that didn't resolve the fight.

The bottom line: Once you set aside allegiance to certain dogma, what difference does it make?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Is this the Trinity you're referring to?

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

From what I've read in "20 questions Jehovah's Witnesses can not Answer" Jesus is the big deal. Is it true that JW's have not asked JC to be their Lord and Savior?? I'm fixing to start a new thread on that topic. Thanks again for all the great responses! Y'all are a terrific group. I had no idea what I would find here, but everyone has been really cool, and I have gained a ton of knowledge in the short time I've been on. THANK YOU ALL!!!

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

You can argue about the nature of Jesus untill you are blue in the face but think about this; He created everything and does everything that God does now if that does not make him God I don't know what does, also add that to the fact that according to the bible there is only one God (with a large G) .

The alternative ,as the Witlesses believe,gives you Two Gods who are worshipped.I remember back in the early sixties the Jdub book Make Sure of All Things had to be replaced because in it they tried to make out that creature worship was wrong until some one pointed out that Jesus was created, according to the Watchtower doctrine, and I don't think they could make their mind up whether Jesus should be worshipped or not.

Personally I think Jehovah changed his name to Jesus because Jehovah got a lot of bad press through the years and needed a new brand image at the time.That is why John says, He, meaning Jesus,was begotten , notice he doesn't say he was created.

So you pays your money and you takes your choice only don't give it to the Wacktower.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    From what I've read in "20 questions Jehovah's Witnesses can not Answer" Jesus is the big deal. Is it true that JW's have not asked JC to be their Lord and Savior??

This is a theologicial debate. Such issues are complex and can be next to impossible to resolve, especially when people take stern positions on one side.

OTOH there are many ways to show that the Watchtower is not true. They have made countless claims about their own history that are false. They continue to teach and proclaim things that fly right in the face of science and history. Without getting into the touchy ground of theology there is more than enough to prove their error.

• inkling
    inkling

"Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things."

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.
    "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day.
    Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

Alice in Wonderland.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit