Taste/Scent Related Memories - Have you ever had one of those....

by Crumpet 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Crumpie, such a lovely post!

Oh yes, yes indeed I love the memories that spring from tastes and smells. Occasionally they cross over...have you ever tasted something that reminded you of the way something smelled?

WLG... I love your quote:

"The five senses are key to memories, which is why the society deprives you of them for the meetings. It's not a coincidence that the material lulls you into a sleep...only the sleep isn't quite as innocent as we would like to believe."

You have seriously got me thinking! Dear gods... I know that the peculiarity of most KH's having no windows is brought up every once in a while... but I never really thought about it. Holy crap... it really does seem like sensory deprivation (that and no perfume, and heaven forbid you taste the wine or unleavened bread!) ...what if it really was a pre-conceived assist to the mind-control... not to get into conspiracy theories, but... dang!

• juni
    juni

anyone else for the memories that English Leather bring????

I've always been one for memories born from smell more so than taste.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Hello girls! (*waves at Baba and Juni*)

What is the difference between the scent of English Leather and leather from anywhere else? Quintesentially speaking?

I love the smell of worn leather - not shoe leather, it reminds me of well-used book marks that I picked up in souveneir shops as a child and were embedded in so many books as I rapaciously read my way through my childhood and teens wanting to know everything about the adult world.... hmmm.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

LOL Crumpie!

"English Leather" is the name of a men's cologne they made several years ago (don't know if they still make it) but they had very romantic commercials for it.

There was also one called "British Sterling"... but the funniest commercials were for the one called "Hai Karate".

No, Jazzie, those are none of my men's cologne memories... but... I do have a couple of manufactured commercial scents that ring like a bell, you might say.

;)

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I like eating Sugar in the Raw because the taste resembles the stench of molassas that hung in the air when I stayed for two weeks in a plantation town.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29
    I like eating Sugar in the Raw

You eat sugar while naked?

j/k It is nice to bake with. I like the slightly blond colored evaporated cane juice best.

Smells: Food & spice and plant smells stir me the most.

I miss the smell of Wisconsin and the seasons. The monarda in the summer, and goldenrod. The dry smell of hardwood leaves in the fall.

I recognize most of my family members & friends by smell, I don't sniff them I just am familiar with how they smell. I miss my great grandparents and their farm the most. "Grandma's House" smells of cooking and preserving foods, the farm smells. Their gardens.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I have some scent related memories from working in the cleanup of 911, that I wish I could get out of my nose mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit