Got told off by a born again-er

by White Dove 16 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

I was enjoying a smoke on my little porch at my apartments and my neighbors pull up. The woman got out, pointed her finger at me and demanded what that "thing" in my hand was. I proudly held up my hand with a fag in it. She said, "and no more church?" "No." "You are turning your back on the LORD!" "No, not really." "YES YOU ARE!!!" Finger jabbing the air the whole time. She sure did ruin a perfectly good morning smoke. Have you ever been told off by a non-JW for not acting as Christian as they would have you act?

Chenoa

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I hope you told her where she could stick her opinion.

And no, I haven't been told off by anyone.

Kwin

• Honesty
    Honesty

Do you live in Kansas?

There is a church in Kansas that is full of wackos.

They boycott funerals of fallen soldiers and bash everything and everybody.

IMO, they are just as bad if not worse than the wacko JW's.

• White Dove
    White Dove

No, but there are plenty of non-Christlike X-tians here in the east. I'm near NJ. The staunchier the X-tian, the less Christian they seem. So like the Pharisees.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Some people don't know that we are called to be witnesses and not judges.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I was at a pride parade once when confronted by a picketing born again-er who proclaimed that "God hates you". I looked them square in the eyes, smiled and said, "God is love".

Their response: Screaming hissy fit, "God is HATE! God is HATE!"

I shook my head and said, "I feel sorry for you". They looked stunned and I walked away.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Nothing that a neutron bomb couldn't fix!!!

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

As a bible-believer, I would like to say that we DO have our share of whack-a-doos among our ranks.

I maintain that suck folk can be found in every religion, and outside religion in general, but I sympathize with you for having to deal with such rudeness.

Why is is so hard for these brain-donors to comprehend that civility should be the very LEAST we can expect, and should strive to improve upon such an unambitious starting point?

I shake my head.

If they've been 'born again' and this is the 'new personality' they should try again, it didn't take.

RD

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

you remind me of a really disgusting display I saw once at the gay pride parade in San Diego. On one side of the street were the christians who were actually yelling "have you got AIDS yet?" And on the other side, the gay christians were yelling "if god loves you, how come you're so ugly?" Um-hmmm, nothing like a bunch of good christians getting together to show brotherly love.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

honestly its the fanatics.............. dosent matter what they beleive........ wish we could send all the fanatics someplace far and away from us.

friend of my wifes........ attends a church and absolutely thinks the sun rises and sets with it....... she got rid of all of her music.......... except for the christain stuff. to me thats a first sign......... it dosent bother me when someone chooses to listen to christian music but when you dump your old stuff........ and i dont mean the music thats got swearing and bad things condoned....... i mean micheal jackson....... the bee gees......... whatever. if you get rid of perfectly acceptable good music............ cause its not holy enough......... whats up.

her pastor gave a sermon right after the tsunami hit and said it was sent by god to destroy the sinners.......... i was like WTF......... barely able to keep from actually saying it. i said that man is a complete moron and left it at that. same church has a SINGLE woman who is over their MARRIAGE MINESTRY............. shes single and has NEVER been married. so obviously shes qualified.

fanatics take things and make a big deal out of nothing. im totally not a fanatic.... i have what i belive..... and i dont try and make everyone belive how i do. i dont smoke and barely drink, but i dont yell at peeps when they do. those fanatics just need to live their own lives and let others alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit