Ahhh, it all makes sense now...

by Mickey mouse 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

...things keep coming to me about why the WBTS teaches certain things and it all becomes clear when you see it for what it is - a cult.

For instance, why do they counsel so strongly against hypnotism? Is it really because they suspect demonism is involved or more likely that it may disrupt all that careful programming and mind control of theirs?

What things have suddenly become clear to you?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It makes a huge difference recognising that fact.

I have also come to realise that the WTS leaders do not think it is a cult, so there is not always logic behind their actions.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

It certainly is not a cult if you are one of the handlers or controllers.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Interesting point. They counsel against hypnotism as readily as they counsel against any kind of professional mental treatment, and I think that's probably because they would have noticed an extremely high dropout rate of any JW who seeks professional help with their mental health. 'Demons' are a great excuse for anything that's a bit weird.

• Trevanian
    Trevanian
    What things have suddenly become clear to you?

That IT IS a cult.

I struggled to say those words for a long time.

How could I have been in a cult? Logical and rational me? Moi? Non!

How could my wonderful family be in a cult? How could my beloved mother be blinded by a cult?

But now it's clear to me. The Jehovah's Witness organization is a cult. It's simple and clear now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit