Why I think I chose the study of psychology

by Alex Delta 17 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

Just some advice about a pysch degree.....the minimum to be viable in the workforce is a Masters. The higher the better though since retiring to teach psych is a nice fall back and can continue well into your 80's or longer.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Don't you know that studying the practice of psychology can drive you crazy? Yep....it can ...

Snoozy..

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Alex...I too am studying to become a Psychologist. In fact, I will be finished with my first degree soon and have been talking with my academic counselor for my next.

I also got interested in Psychology because I'm fascinated with how a organization of men can control people and how this effects their thinking. I have noticed, growing up, that there are so many people in the organization with so many psychological problems.

How far are you into your studies? I've got about 4 more years to go which isn't really that long. I'm thinking about taking some additional courses in child development so I can possibly be a kindergarten teacher...still haven't decided that one yet.

• Maddie
    Maddie

I find psychology very interesting myself and once told a JW that I would like to study the subject. Needless to say it didn't go down too well.

Maddie

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    I find psychology very interesting myself and once told a JW that I would like to study the subject. Needless to say it didn't go down too well.

I think you'll find that just about anywhere though. Since I've been on my Psychology path, I've gotten many discouragements and nay sayers but this path is too strong for me to ignore it.

JW's especially wouldn't want to see a member studying this because the courses really make you think in a critical thinking mind.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING
    Too bad you didn't choose English.
    You could have learned sentence structure and how to start and end a paragraph.

Tula - play nice.

Alex - good for you for wanting to help others. I applaud you .

• JK666
    JK666

tula,

Put a sock in your piehole.

JK

• poppers
    poppers

Welcome to the board, Alex. Follow your dream.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit