Need some info

by ang 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ang
    ang

Hello, I am currently writing a paper regarding the Jehovah Witness faith in regards to health care practices. I've found plenty of information online, but I would like the opinion of a practicing Jehovah's Witness. I am very interested in the viewpoints of your faith and would appreciate any insight you may have. My specific topics include the stance on blood transfusions and current medical practices. My direct email address is [email protected], or a reply on this board will work as well.

Thanks, Angie

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Ang, there are virtually ZERO "practicing" JW's here. There are plenty that are
    still going to the meetings and going through the motions of being a JW, but
    virtually every last person here has serious doubts about the religion or has
    already decided it is the wrong religion for them.

Plus, the people here are a suspicious lot. The WT organization has taken
    so much away from them that they tend not to trust some newbie poster
    with any information.

You could just post your questions here and ask them what they think, but
    you would get the answers from posters who mostly know the lie of WT's
    blood policies.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Ang -

You may find the info you are looking for by starting on the home page and selecting the topics: Beliefs and Doctrines and/or Blood and Medicine.

Even though those post and topics may have been started a while ago, when you post to them, they will be brought into the 'Active Topics' section. This might work to your advantage. You can get the info that's already been written and elicit comments from current posters.

What made you select this topic for your paper?

-Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding.)

[brought into the org by my parents when I was 9. Full-Time preacher in my 20's while supporting myself with full-time employment. Left the org as a 'walk-away believer' in my early 30's. Learned the truth about 'The Truth' in my mid-40's. Happy I'm out now.]

• nelly136
    nelly136

you could try asking your local hospital to put you in touch with your local HLC (hospital liason committee) who represent jw patients and watch over them in hospitals.

some jws are suffering a little confusion about what is and isnt allowed as per the new directive, so if you get any good up to date info direct from the HLC's mouths, you could always bring it back here and post it too.

• Deputy Dog
  • wifekeepsmeinit
    wifekeepsmeinit

Last year there was an entire article on "Blood", if you are able to get a Watchtower CD 2007 you can get the entire articel there, I think its a few pages long. Also you may be able to get a copy of their "Transfusion Alternatives" video, which may also help your thesis paper, if you go to your local Kingdom Hall and ask nicely. There's also a big chapter on it in the Book "in search of Christian Freedom" by Raymond Franz. But really though all you have to do is google it, and you will get a plethora of sites regarding the use of blood according to Jehovahs Witnesses.

Hope this helps. Im pretty sure no one here will email you anything, as "onthewayout" put it, we are paranoid.

Go to this thread you can get the Watchtower CD http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/151383/1.ashx, but there are plenty of places you can get the WT CD on the net, most of them are on "torrent" sites.

Most of us who are still in the organization don't really know much about blood, other than we are allowed some fractions of blood and others were not allowed. But the General rule is we are not allowed to have blood. All Baptized Witnesses carry in their wallet a "No Blood" card in case we are incapacitated and need medical treatment and is that card is there to protect us. Trust me its all very confusing, thats why there is a "Witness Liason" for hospitals to advise us as to whether or not we are allowed types or fractions of blood.

• wifekeepsmeinit
    wifekeepsmeinit

So if your idea is to get info from a "Practicing Jehovahs Witness" I suggest you go to a Watchtower Magazine, look up any current information, and that Information that you get will be the same as what will come out of a Jehovah's Witnesses mouth. Its all very simple, whatever the Watchtower Magazine says, a JW has to believe. If we don't believe everything then we have to keep it to ourselves or risk being disfellowshipped for not holding to Christian Unity.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

You came to the right place. Most JW's do not believe. They read, listen and then try to repeat. People on this site will give you more accurate information as to the beliefs of JW's than most of the brain dead professing members.

• sf
    sf

there are virtually ZERO "practicing" JW's here.

You can't be serious. That is categorically false information.

Please, be honest with those coming here for TRUTH.

Thank you.

sKally

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

OTWO said:

Ang, there are virtually ZERO "practicing" JW's here. There are plenty that are
    still going to the meetings and going through the motions of being a JW, but
    virtually every last person here has serious doubts about the religion or has
    already decided it is the wrong religion for them.

Skally... I would have to agree with OTWO... almost any true blue practicing JWs that post (not lurk) to this site are anti-WTS, IMHO. Most who seem to be pro-JW either wake up or stop posting.

If I were an obedient practicing Witness, I wouldn't be here.

Getting back to the subject:

To Ang: I would be happy to share with you my opinion on blood and healthcare (I work in the healthcare field). I don't know if you want my answers, though, as I am an officially excommunicated witness.

A@G

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit