mrs. robinson

by mentalclearness 24 Replies latest social relationships

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Maybe by the time your 25 you'll have one lol?

• lulu20
    lulu20

hi i am 21 and i have the same problem. I am 21 and i am dating a 48 year old brother. he is great and very supportive and VERY sexy. he makes me feel great and treats me like a princess. if you like to chat about it email [email protected]

lulu

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

<swats kid on nose with rolled up- newspaper.>

~Hill

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    We share the same morbid sense of humor and we always have tons of fun together

Oh you lucky girl! It's so rare to find ones who do - hang onto him for sure. I dont think the age difference matters that much. He sounds like a responsible guy. He hasnt been put off by the fact you have kids yet has he and he seems to regard you with long term committment. Don't rush things - you have plenty of time.

• wings
    wings

I agree with all those who have encouraged you to take your time. You are close enough to the same age, that shouldn't be a problem.

My only input would be to take some time and THINK about your kids, and how an eventual marriage would effect them. How will you handle his conflict with the kids? Teenagers can be rough enough for the biological parent, how about the step dad who doesn't have kids of his own? If you do have kids with him, will he favor his own? IF he does favor his own, how will you handle that?

Even though considering what you and he say today about these possibilities is important, it is the unexpected turn of events that often leaves us alone with our own internal conflict. You obviously already have a clear committment to your kids. I would recommend both to yourself, and to any potential mate, keep that committment parimount. IMO because it existed first.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Hi MC.

He sounds like a nice guy. 7 years is not too much of a difference but I don't think most 25 YO guys are mature enough to handle three kids all of a sudden. I know I wasn't. My thinking is, would he be good to those 3 kids of yours (those kids are adorable)? If you really know so, then I think it would work.

Cheers,

Burn

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

Sorry I didn´t respond earlier. I just got a chance to sit at the computer. Well I think all of you brought out great points. Joannadandy I think hit the nail on the head about giving it time and making sure it´s not some rebound relationship.

If it was just me alone things would be a whole different story. But because i have children and I consider them my priority and I most definately agree with burn the ships. I also don´t really think a 25 year old (no matter how mature) can deal with older children. There is a reason that people have babies that grow into toddlers and into bigger children and then adolescents. It´s a natural process and as a parent you grow with them or learn how to deal with them. But I think it´s incredibly hard to deal with a child all of a sudden out of nothing..No history before etc...That´s my greatest dilema. And as much as I have a great connection and he is a great guy I believe in the end that will be a deal breaker. I will enjoy the time while it lasts as R Crusoe said. After all, like the Annie Hall film at the end where woody allen says basically that it was worth knowing Annie even though in the end nothing became of it...

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

Oh and Mincan, I ´just barely don´t make the cut for ¨cougar¨......I think it´s over eight years!!!!! ha!!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    After all, like the Annie Hall film at the end where woody allen says basically that it was worth knowing Annie even though in the end nothing became of it...

Better to loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Or say they say. And wasn't the bologna scene great? Or was it salami?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think it's great! I was in a relationship with a 46 year old when I was 38. I never thought of her as "older". Had her family not pressured her we probably would have been married right now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit