Ozzie's Weekend Poll #160 - Why no windows?

by ozziepost 38 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
    nelly136

other.....no windows...so no fighting amongst themselves over whose going to get the contract to wash them.

• tula
    tula

Hello Ozzie.

Many many valid reasons here.

But I opt for 10...other

Because Masonic Halls (notice they call their building a "HALL" also) do not have windows. And if they do happen to have a building with windows, the windows are sealed shut and painted out with black paint. You can neither see out nor in.

I think all of these clubs and cults are intertwined.

The "no windows" policy represents "secrecy" and "mystery".

I think the WTS has a lot of secrets that the r and f will never know!

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Other - Everyone knows that demonz can only get through windows, and are stopped by masonry.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All the Kingdumb Hells I have seen have windows, but they usually close the blinds while the boasting sessions are in session. This tells me that they do not want people looking out the windows while the boasting session is going.

Why? It is more interesting to look at fall foliage, snow falling, clouds, or worldly traffic outside than to listen to a boring talk. You cannot be hypnotized by the speaker while you are paying attention to the outside, so they build the damn things without windows or close the blinds during the boasting sessions.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

No windows to protect the Vampires who attend our meetings trying to kick there bloood habit. They have a blood card that says "Please no blood orally, except fractions and components which are a conscience matter."

• minimus
    minimus

I never understood why Ozzie ever did his poll. As I recall, the poll questions were just a series of pretty mundane questions and when somebody picked option number 1, 2, 5 or whatever, the only thing you got was a thankyou from Oz. There was never anything really gained by the polls, from what I could see, but weekly polls never interested me all that much unless it pointed to something significant.

Having said that, I'll pick 10. That way I can try to get into the spirit of these polls.

BTW, when was the last time you saw a KH being built?? It hardly happens anymore. And since the 90s, I think they all have windows.

• Tara
    Tara

LOL. I am going with #s 3,4,5,and 9.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

less filling...tastes great!

construction cost...not only the window unit but the cost of framing and trimming the window drives construction cost up

heating and cooling... windows and doors cost money as they allow heat to escape or enter the building depending on the season

security... it's easier to come in a window than bust in through a wall or tunnel in to a building

Now for fun and games...Survey your nearest KH for the number of doors it has... and their width and hardware. Panic hardware should be on "auditorium" doors in most localities... regular door knobs wont do.

Call you local building inspector and find out what the minimums for a church should be in your community... then ask him or your fire deptartment to inspect the kingdom hall.

I'd suspect the lack of smoke alarms, fire extinguishers and propper egress would be enough to red tag a few Halls in the US and UK, Europe etc.

Remember..it's all about money!

~Hill

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

My, what a perceptive bunch of pollsters participated at the weekend!

Why are KHs built without windows?

11% of you thought that the reason was to stop people looking in (Privacy) ! and another 11% thought the reason was Vandalism.

In second place with 19% was "To stop the R&F looking out (Distractions)" but in first place with 22%, you thought the real reason was...................

...............(drum roll)............................................

surprise, surprise! IT'S CHEAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK folks, get your buttons ready for next weekend's poll!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit