So, I told mom what I think about the Watch Tower, et al...

by Reverend Warhawk 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Reverend Warhawk
    Reverend Warhawk

I called her today to know how she's doing and all that...We were chatting about different things, and she mentions that she was in the Circuit Assembly today...And then it went like this...

"Have you gone to any of the meetings since you moved to Texas?", she asked.

"Nope."

"Are you ever going to do it?"

"I don't think so, mother. No, I won't", I replied.

"Why?", she asks in an odd, sweet tone.

I then proceeded to explain in general terms that I've been through years of research, investigation, and lots of blood, sweat and tears to finally understand that the Organization is just another group of people seeking to worship in their own way, just like every other religion in the world.

"So what are you now, Catholic?" she asked with a laugh.

"Nope. If I'm going to choose a spiritual belief, I'll tell you I'm a son of God and the Universe", I replied.

So to make a long story short, she didn't want to hear anything about my research, and we just decided to respect each other's beliefs. I'll do so, I don't know yet about her. We'll see...

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Mine's in denial. I try telling my mom things, but she doesn't quite understand when I bring up Acts 15, or that the WT teaches that Jesus isn't our Mediator...etc.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I hope the best for you and your Mother well come around in time.

alt

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Well, that took some cojones my friend. I'm glad you felt sure enough of all that you know to finally tell her... Do not be surprised if every time you guys talk, brings the topic up. But it's part of the programming, they can't help it. Just do whatever you can ti keep the peace with her.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

By the way, couple of days ago I decided to tell a mutual friend of ours exactly the reasons why I left, and why I'm never going back... She has decided she cannot talk to me anymore. Oh well, whatever.

I'll give you a call the 'first chance I get' and tell you all about it...

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Great job.

Sounds like you have a good relationship w/ your mom. I hope that continues.

• moshe
    moshe

Well, it's out in the open now- no more walking on eggshells. Your Mom might have come around to your way of thinking- let's hope so!

• Reverend Warhawk
    Reverend Warhawk

Is this friend a woman, and her name starts with an E and ends with an A..?

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Yep, Reverend... you've got it right.

I wanted to tell you also, that you should start getting ready to receive phone calls from 'concerned' ppl, if your mom tells anybody what you told her. That is part of this whole deal too.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I think the disconnect with your mother is JW's arent supposed to research outside of this months wactower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit