Can A Person Truly Love Some One ...

by writetoknow 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

that won't forgive them?

Can a person every have a full relationship with someone that won't forgive them?

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

IMHO NO WAY.

• XOCO
    XOCO

in my opinion i don't think so b/c u have 2 be able to forgive someone and move on. i know i could not love someone if i held a gruge against them b/c of what they did... it will just make me bitter and hateful. As u can see it is not loving at all.

XOCO

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

So forgiveness is a part of real love?

And what I am hearing is; that without forgiveness a person could not have a complete relationship with a person.

I think I would have to agree.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

No -- I've seen married couples try to stay together after infidelity where he didn't forgive her. It just couldn't work because he kept bringing it back up and he couldn't look at her the same.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Can A Person Truly Love Some One that won't forgive them?

Can a person every have a full relationship with someone that won't forgive them?

Absolutely not. When the person puts winning or being right above being happy and solving problems, a relationship, or at least a successful one is impossible.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

In order for forgiveness to become effective there has to be a living communication otherwise mistrust will creep in for that reason alone! Maybe incompatible partners find this vagueness about each other is part of what leads one or the other or both to look for communication and soulmates elsewhere?

So I think forgiveness comes attached more in layers of doubt with time amongst the forgiving personas as well as layers of vengeance in the judging personas some would default to! In either case where communication is limited or prevented, the forgiveness is far less likely activated for one party knows not what the other feels!

Some almost ruin themselves in attempting to forgive in their quest to maintain spiritual qualities whilst those being forgiven may bask in the freedom hardly concerned for any pain they may cause another. So ironically it is very possible to have one person using guilt as a tool to hold power and superiority over another for wrongs they did even though they may well forgive others completely but then feel betrayed with their plight by those using shunning or judging! But maybe it's a sign some hope to aspire to the governing body one day, who knows?

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Do you think the same statements above can be applied to God and a relationship with Him, that is, if a person believes in God?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Do yuo mean, does god love you, if he hasn't forgiven you?

S

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Interesting I hadn't thought about it in those terms. My thinking was not so much God forgiving us, but people that hold restentment towards God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit