Stories; Who got d/f'd and it really shocked the congregation?

by jambon1 12 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

Any stories?..........

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

In my congregation we had already had a very well liked/balanced PO step down. He was replaced by an equally liked brother as the PO. A few months later he was removed and within a month df'd. I guess he had been having a long term affair. That particular congregation had been doing well and had a great set of elders. I had never been in a congregation like that b4 and haven't seen one since.

• freydi
    freydi

The PO's daughter, but who got back in 6 months later. Anybody else it took at least a year. In another congo, the PO was deleted but allowed to continue as a pioneer. I always thought that to be deleted you had to do something worthy of being df'd involving a jc.

• 5go
    5go

Let me dig through my past posts.

OK my former girlfriend's pioneer sister was a huge flirt she had several Brothers thinking she was going to marry them. Till one day an elderette did something she thought unbecoming, and reported it. The sister (my ex's sister) was reproved and removed as a pioneer. Two weeks late she is disfellowshipped for marrying a worldly guy at work to spite the elders.

Happened to a friend though she left him went bi and was DFed then she came back to him pregnant. Though it might of been his kid to begin with. They are still together several years later. I haven't seen the daughter yet to say for sure it is or isn't his. I personally don't want to be around most of my witness friends to much, do to the fact I am trying to leave the JW's for good.

Here is similar thread. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/150112/1.ashx

The first needless to say did shock the hall.

The second one shocked my hall even though it didn't even happen there. Damn Gossipers! He married this sister in another congregation and never returned but he was still popular back home for a long while afterword.

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

Every congregation has their drama. I remember in one congregation there was the "elder leaves wife for fellow elder's wife" scenario.

I think the most disgusting thing I know was when my good friend was DF'd for repeated same sex fantasies and crushes and I think some mild physical action... not even for actually having sex, but for repeatedly confessing himself that he had what he thought was a "weakness" the worse part is that they DF'd him while he was fighting a heart condition and in and out of the hospital. He died within the year believing he was in "Gehenna" for his "impure lust". I was really young at the time (15ish), but that was a big turning point in terms of where my heart was.

Oh, and once a couple I was friends with had premarital sex a couple times and confessed each time... and the guy didn't get DF'd and the girl did. That always pissed me off. They did the same thing and I KNOW it was her who felt compelled to confess and not him... so really her "repentance" was stronger.

I can't think of anything shocking in the sense that you never expected it. I was never a "good girl" and I could usually spot the other double lifers. lol.

• chickpea
    chickpea

one of those deals where it could be said "oh how the mighty have fallen" except in this case it is how the sanctimoniusly pious had fallen....

a real hot-shot-gonna-marry-the-widowed-PO-as-he-is--my-intellectual-equal-in-a-sea-of-cretins pioneer sister who actually said from the platform at a CA " i like to puzzle my mind with deep thinking" when asked how she spent her non-pioneer time ............

long-time pioneer mom and on again/off again elder dad and a g/mother of the anointed but against all advice from "older ones" she left the rurals for the big city and in 3 months time hooked up with an older married brother in her new congo and was DF'd within weeks of that set-up.... word got around he was apostate and lured her out with sweet talk ( like what... "think for yourself" ?)

it was a stunning blow to the mom and her pioneer cronies, i really felt for the mom.... but the kid was a total air-head @sswipe and so frikkin uppity and all about herself..... if i ran into her today i wouldnt shun her for being DF'd, it would be more like running in the other direction not to have to hear her talk

• Dogaradodya
    Dogaradodya

When I told the fellow elders, "I SHALL NOT SERVE A CRUEL GOD" (thumping the table with my right-hand index finger), they were trembling. They couldn't decide on which ground to disfellowship me. But a dub confided to me afterwards that I was disfellowshipped for "apostasy." He remarked that I should just have committed "immorality" to have been disfellowshipped because it was forgivable while apostasy was an unpardonable crime. Ha-ha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx8_mv7CzTg

• logic
    logic

Fifty years ago, young sister, special pioneer, sweet loving person ,admired by everyone in the congregation, the epitome of spirituality, over night runs off with some 'wordly guy' leaves the 'truth' , completly shocks everyone including my own young self. Just goes to show you. Over my many years I have seen countless disfellowshipped, some surprised me and some didn't.

• memphisbelle
    memphisbelle

this must be the weirdest story ,,, ever. A well respected elder has an affair at work and gets Df'ed. His teenage son hooks up with a MS wife, and they both get DF'd. Son and his new wife get married, ( she recently had a baby, 2 other sons under 5 yrs old!!) Ex elder leaves his wife son ( 18) is married to a well worn-out woman (35) manic elders ex wife moves down to Florida, trying to straighten out her life !? So much for living in the "truth"

• memphisbelle
    memphisbelle

this must be the weirdest story ,,, ever. A well respected elder has an affair at work and gets Df'ed. His teenage son hooks up with an MS's wife, and they both get DF'd several months later. Son and his new wife get married, ( she recently had a baby with her MS hubby, and has 2 other sons under 5 yrs old!!) So Ex elder leaves his wife,, son 18) is now married to a well worn-out woman (35) The DF'd elders manic ex wife moves down to Florida, trying to straighten out her life !? So much for living in the "truth"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit