apostates at assemblys

by looloo 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• looloo
    looloo

i was told not to even look at them when i studied, but i did not buy the satan stuff about them and said well what have the watchtower got to worry about if they have the truth and no skeletons in the closet ? i was quite tempted to speak to them and felt rude and judgemental , what did you used to think about them when you were dubs in the trufff ?

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

I always wanted to know what they had to say. Now I do, Although I never talked to any at the assemblys.

• cognac
    cognac

i would like to know who is an apostate and is going to the assembly (cause of there family) to sit there all day...

I'm stuck (for now) also...

It would be cool if we could stick together a bit there for support...

• Ruth Eeker
    Ruth Eeker

I remember seeing a few times when it was in the big city.

I remember I was told not to look at their signs even. I would peek a look and you always wonder what their signs meant...of course I do now.

All of those sign wavers must be happy now with the internet....saves them a lot of time getting the message of truth out there. ;)

• moshe
    moshe

I was a JW for 16 years and I don't recall ever seeing any apostate types at the assemblies I attended- wish I had seen the 1-800-why-1914 on a sign back then.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Always thought they were a bunch-o-nutjobs. Everyone would say - "If they don't want the truth why don't they just move on with their lives and do what they want. Why do they have to keep hassling us?". Now I kinda understand. Perhaps they are good people trying to help others get out. Or maybe they are nutjobs. I've never talked to these people, but would now.

• dinah
    dinah

There was a pretty large group of people outside a District Convention in Birmingham, Alabama when I was a young teen. I wish I could remember what their signs said. I was told in a very hushed tone not to even look at them because they were apostate.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I still think it's odd to hang outside a district assembly with a protest sign but hey, whatever floats your boat. One line on a sign wasn't going to get much attention from me. The only thing that got my attention was the freakazoid smile on their faces.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Thankfully, the Internet is far more effective at spreading our apostate message. It reaches a bigger audience, and it lasts that much longer.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

True, it also allowed me some anonymity to look further without alerting the borg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit