SEX, LIES, and TEXT MESSAGES

by nomoreguilt 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

In Detroit yesterday, the story broke that the mayor, KWAME KILRATICK, the hip-hop king himself, was under investigation for his alleged purgery in a wrongful discharge lawsuit. It seems that he fired 2 police officers because of their diligence in investigating his after ours activities at the mayoral mansion. In his sworn testimony last year, he swore under oath that he DID not have any sort of romantic or intimate affair with his chief of staff. She also swore under oath to the same questioning about him. The jury found in favor of the fired officers and were awarded 9 million dollars of the city of Detroit tax payers money.

Now, however, the Detroit Free Press has uncovered evidence to the contrary.Get this....They, through freedom of information, retrieved his and her TEXT messages for the lat 5/6 years. They had text messaging devices paid for by the city. Well, these messages have now been released to the public and are quite dicey, to say the least. They totally debunk his/her claims of non-participation in any illicit affairs. He may be open to a felony charge of lying under oath. Shame Shame mister mayor.

The interesting point about all of this, is that YOUR text messages never GO AWAY!! Think about it, is there anything that YOU don't want floating in the cyber world, to be retrieved at some later date?

NMG

• avishai
    avishai

I don't get texting anyway. Easier just to pick up the phone and talk.

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

Who gives a sh*t. Stick it on the 'friends' board. This is for JW-related scandals.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080123/NEWS05/301230008

I think the bigger question is... does your cell phone provider really keep a record of all YOUR text messages? And, if so, for how long, why, and who can get access to them?

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

I had to have my cell phone serviced in November. When I went back to pick it up, I was told that the technicians were not able to fix the problem and have already loaded my contact list into a new unit. You can only imagine the look on my face as I remembered all of the text messages that were in the other phone. I bet I helped some poor sap get to sleep easily that night.

On the same note, I was in a dispute w/ my carrier today concerning the number of text messages and my plan allowance. The customer service rep went back and counted all of the messages coming into and going out from my number. If they have records of the who and when, I am sure they have the records of the what.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Having trouble getting to sleep. Subscribe to my text messages and you'll be stacking ZZZs in no time.

• dinah
    dinah

OMG, me and hubby send "dirty" messages all the time. I hope the whole world doesn't find out we're perverts.

• kwr
    kwr

I don't know why he lied about it. Former Detroit Mayor Coleman Young had plenty of mistresses and it didn't bother the voters at all.

• jenc
    jenc

I'm from the area and it is the big hot news the past few days here.

Here's the way I see it....

Nobody is going to get on the stand and just go ahead and admit to cheating on their spouse. The other cheater isn't going to get on the stand and admit she's "the other woman". If they weren't politically involved, public figures - the situation would be handled at home between the husbands and the wives on both sides.

Both parties have spouses and children to think about as well.

The former employees who filed the suit for being wrongfully let go WON and were awarded the LARGE SUM OF MONEY that they were asking for. Which leads me to believe that the jury didn't find much credibility in the testimony coming from the side of the Mayor's office anyways (truth told or not).

There are some local reporters here who seem to have it out for the Mayor. I say, the guys who were wrongfully let go, got what they were looking for. The subject should have been dropped. But NOPE these guys had to do whatever they could to find out for sure that the man was cheating on his wife, both parties lied under oath, and the text messages to prove it.

As much as the news is covering the scandal itself - they are also making it clear that nothing is sacred when sent via text message or e-mail. So if you have anything to hide - putting it out into cyberspace (of any form) isn't the smart thing to do. LOL

jenc~

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Big fricken deal, you sound as paranoid and the borg, If you need complete privacy from the outside world, my advice is don't say anything that can a will be used against you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit