Solomons Salary: $666

by tula 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tula
    tula

"Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred and threescore and six talents of gold."

(2 Chronicles 9:13 (same verse as 1 Kings 10:14)

Revelation 13:18:

This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

Solomon=wisdom=corrupt

666= monetary

Does anyone wish to present a discussion on the relevance of these scriptures and how they apply to modern day economics and/or spirituality?

• 5go
    5go

Solomon was the greatest apostate ever nuff said.

• tula
    tula

bttt

• Black Man
    Black Man

666 talents = $237,000,000 (U.S. dollars) I remember using that in one of my public talk outlines for the cult...........

• tula
    tula
    $237,000,000

OBVES>>>>WHERE ARE YOU????

What does this mean?

2+3+7=12 ........could this mean the end in 2012??????

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

*** it-2 p. 992 Solomon ***

Messianic Prophecies. There are many similarities between the reign of Solomon and that of the great King Jesus Christ, as prophesied in the Scriptures.

All I have to say is that it's a really good thing that JC got executed at 33 1/2. I'm sure that if he'd stuck around earth much longer he would have piled up gold, married every hot chick he could find, and worshipped some other gods.

Oh, wait, never mind. Jesus now is ruling as the super rich king of the universe, has 144,000 wives (some of whom are dudes), and he is a King-Priest-God himself.

• tula
    tula

I guess it's really too much to expect an intelligent discourse ?

<edited out what I really think of certain morons>

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    Solomon=wisdom=corrupt
    666= monetary
    2+3+7= 12 ........could this mean the end in 2012??????
    I guess it's really too much to expect an intelligent discourse ?
  • AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Solomon=wisdom=corrupt

666= monetary

Interesting idea - especially considering that "no man may buy or sell without his mark".

So who does this make the "antichrist" ?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Lol, I should have resisted the temptation...

Well, I'm afraid that identification to Cesar Nero (= 666 by the numeral value of Hebrew letters) as the emblematic figure of the "antichrist" Roman emperor who died but was expected to come back by a widespread popular legend will not count here as "intelligent discourse"...

About the monetary connection, though, it is noteworthy that the dominant circulation of Roman coins usually bearing the portrait and the name of the emperor was resented as idolatrous by the strictest religious nationalistic sections of Judaism, as testified by the denarius controversy in the Synoptic Gospels (where "Jesus"' argument rests on the question "whose money is it?"), and by the "changers" in the temple courtyard who exchanged the acceptable Tyrian money for the unacceptable Roman one... Just imagine what an apocalyptic mind could think of the Nero coins combined with the development of imperial worship in Asia Minor.

Now if you want to keep on with your "research," be sure you don't miss the other OT occurrence of 666 in Ezra 2:13.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit