WT Comments (1/21 ARE YOU READY?) FEATURING NOSFERATU

by V 49 Replies latest watchtower bible

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Holy Crap that was hard to read ! I counted 30 variations of "Great day" used, ayyye carumba

great day of Jehovah, God's great day, Jehovah's day, day of Jehovah

Is the day 6 billion people get annihilated great?

Jesus as the “Son of man”. I thought he was the son of Jehovah?

Interesting thought

Love for God and for our neighbor keeps us active as Christian ministers and thus helps to prepare us for the great day of Jehovah.

I thought it was the fear of becoming bird food !

In Paradise, resurrected ones will be able to fill in some gaps in our knowledge of the past.

I don't want to talk to Enoch. I want to talk to Chucky and da Judge. There's tons of rumors about them I would like to get settled.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Very funny destruction, Nos! I really liked your hammering away on their irrelevant scriptures, and the poorly supported ones. Oh sure, most dubs will take an assumption from here, and take a guess from there, string that together, and make it work. Most of the study scriptures were indeed irrelevant, but you'd be hard-pressed to convince some dubs that certain scriptures are irrelevant. Especially the "ruler of this world" ones (since Satan is apparently ruler of God's created world).

Great intro, too.

• dawg
    dawg

You long haired commie hippie....that was funny as hell.....

It was amaizing they said only their organization whould survive armageddon...I thought they'd left that alone.

• Layla33
    Layla33
    This was very eye-opening to read. It made me aware of another tactic the Watchtower uses: using random phrases from random verses in order to make it *look* like their ideas are backed by the Bible, when really there is no backing at all.

I realized that around the age of 15. I was reading the "Watchtower" and looking up the verses and I realized that not only did the Watchtower and Awake misapply just about every scripture, but it was very repetitive and it implied that disciples and such were "early JWs", when in fact, they were mostly Jewish. Funny stuff.

• moshe
    moshe

Thanks Nosferatu! - and for this observation!

However, there's something wrong with the message that Jehovah's Witnesses preach. Ask a person who has encountered the Jehovah's Witnesses what their Kingdom Message is, and they won't know. Their job of preaching the “good news of the kingdom” worldwide is failing since nobody seems to know what that good news is.

I have made a number of JW's squirm when they couldn't define or prove what the good news message is they are preaching-

now where is that shopping list - prunes and some canned plums really sound good for some reason.

• V
    V
    AlyMC: there are public and private versions of the Watchtower now?

Check this out, all you need to know, click here...

Watchtower Comments on Youtube exposes the JW-only "Study Edition"

• dawg
    dawg

"V" you are one scary bitch... man that was very well produced, and now that I know why you're V, you have much more of my admiration... good work..

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

Thank you, V, for the link :)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Great series of "Irrelevant Scriptures". My favorite, however, is how you strung the poop analogy through the entire study! Precious!

• lrkr
    lrkr

"only organization to survive armageddon" cut that article out, highlight that sentence and get ready to use it. Sometime soon, a JW will tell you that the Society never actually says that "99.9% of humanity will be exterminated and that will create a paradise".

Oh yes they do- and not just in the bible thumpin days of Freddy and NH Knorr. Right now in the enlightened, kinder, gentler 21st century Borg- they also say that.... how did it go....

JWs will be the only organization to survive the great day of Jehovah!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit