My first JW encounter at the door in ages...

by Gregor 15 Replies latest jw friends

• oldflame
    oldflame

They don't come to my door anymore and for good reason, I told them that if they tresspass on my property again I was going to send them to jail. They walk around my property now.

• muse
    muse

Yesterday two JW women knocked and my 22 year old Son answered. He told me what happened and he did well. He brought up 1975 and they told him that the organisation did not say the world would end in 1975, only that the 6000 years was up then. He said they misled people to selling their homes, not have children and from assembly platforms led all to believe it would be 1975. She said no, it was that some witnesses 'ran away' with it. He said my Mother was at these assemblies and told me and I believe her. He brought up the war and said you did not fight, they said proudly, no we are pacifists, he said but people fought for you so that you could go round preaching your belief, if that had not been done then you would not be allowed to do that now, so why do you think its right to go round telling people that if they do not follow your religion that your God is going to kill them. They denied this by saying that God would judge who dies when armageddon comes. He then said well what is the point of me joining your organised religion, not mixing with who I want, having to attend your meetings etc if at the end of the day, God will decide anyway. Apparently they changed the subject. He was their for some while. Apparently they want to come back to speak to me. I can't wait.....

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "He brought up the war and said you did not fight, they said proudly, no we are pacifists, he said but people fought for you so that you could go round preaching your belief, if that had not been done then you would not be allowed to do that now, so why do you think its right to go round telling people that if they do not follow your religion that your God is going to kill them. They denied this by saying that God would judge who dies when armageddon comes. He then said well what is the point of me joining your organised religion, not mixing with who I want, having to attend your meetings etc if at the end of the day, God will decide anyway."

You should be proud of your son. He did very well. He brought up two very good points.

Regards,

Jim TX

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They would be wasting their time if they ever attempted to call on my door. I wouldn't answer it.

• martinwellborne
    martinwellborne

you should have taken the chance to plant a few seeds in a young mind.

the older one is hard packed wayside soil so you would have had no chance with an oldie. try next time if it is a newbie.

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

We actually had some leave literature in the door the other day. Hubby is an active JW...don't they know where their dubs live? He certainly doesn't need to be recruited twice...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit