Crisis of Conscience stolen from my local library

by neverendingjourney 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• 5go
    5go
    hide it on a shelf somewhere.

That would be my best guess as to what they do with it. It relieves them of the guilt of stealing but makes it nearly impossible to find unless someone notices the out of place book.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I would check with my ex-wife. That sounds like something she would do - on a mission from God.

• JK666
    JK666

I know some JW's that are librarians, maybe this was an inside job.

JK

• thom
    thom

Or someone like me that checks a book out of the library, forgets he has it, moves across the country, finds it a year later and mails it back to the library.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I had my library order both CoC and ISoCF.So other people could read them.They also have the anti theft thingy at the exit doors so people can't steal books.I'll have to check to see if there are still there.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Most of the copies of COC in the Toronto public libraries have gone missing too. Last time I checked the only one remaining was in the Toronto Reference Library. I'm sure the only reason it was there is because it was not available for loan. If someone wanted to read it, they had to do it in the library.

W

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

I met a woman today who told me the copy of COC was always checked out. I was going to lend her my copy but it has been signed by satan and franz a few times and I wouldn't want it to go missing.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

It's surprising JWs would even consider touching this book in fear of Demons.

• aniron
    aniron

We had an occasion in our local library where Mormons were taking books that were critical of the LDS.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

It is my opinion that this and similar books critical of the religion are regularly 'stolen' out of public libraries by active people in the religion. I had to obtain mine from a friend.

I am sure this was done for many years before the internet came on the scene. It was probably done when it became public that certain ex-JWs wrote tell-all books about their bad experience in the religion. I suspect that certain brothers were instructed to discreetly acquire these books. Nobody is ever going to admit this, of course.

Now, with the internet on the scene they are defeated in their attempts to totally silence critics and ex-JWs but the fact that the book is still disappearing from libraries tells me they are still worried. While it is possible that a book genuinely gets lost 'here and there', this book in particular seems to always disappear. I don't believe in that many coincidences.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit