Crisis of Conscience stolen from my local library

by neverendingjourney 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I finished reading Combating Cult Mind Control a few days ago. I went to the local library to try to get a copy of Crisis of Conscience. I had the librarian search for it, and it's not available in any of the municipal library's branches (I live in a fairly large city). It turns out someone stole it.

I found it funny because Steve Hassan talks about how it is often difficult to find material critical of cults because cult members have been known to steal critical materials from the library in an attempt to keep that information out of the general public's hands. Oh well.

It turns out they have an exchange program and have ordered a copy from a library in another town. It should be here in a week or two.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Maybe the person that stole it will get curious and read it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The more they steal, the more books ray sells.

S

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Mouthy told me that she has bought CofC for her local library and it has been stolen too (maybe more than once, I can't quite remember).

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

There you go theocratic warfare at its best!!!!!!!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

not surprised

all apostates are thieves

• lrkr
    lrkr

Could be a dub checked it out and got cold feet about having it. Maybe someone lurking here??

• sspo
    sspo

Just don't understand, if the Jw's claim to have the truth and can stand against anything by using God's word,

why would they worry about CoC.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

No doubt in my mind that some true believer punked it. Thankfully the library in my municipality has those sensors that sound off if something isn't demagnetized first, so Ray's book is still available there along with Apocalypse Delayed. I've never read Jonson's book and am thinking of buying it then donating it to the library.

• moshe
    moshe

I think some Dubs are scared to check it out- who knows what JW would recognize them at the checkout desk and then they would be in B-i-g trouble- so they slip it under their coat and steal it. I never checked out the first WT expose' book I read- I kept coming back to the library and read a few chapters at a time. I did notice that the most pristine books you would ever see on the religion shelf are always the donated WT books. Some Dubs might get rid of CoC - it would be easy to put it into a trash bin or hide it on a shelf somewhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit