Asteroid 2007 TU24 is comming!

by 5go 28 Replies latest social current

• 5go
    5go

http://sanfrancisco.tribe.net/listing/Asteroid-2007-TU24-has-NASA-concerned/san-francisco-ca/00cb76c5-0e92-4b7e-af83-98ff872bae79

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

Numerous solutions indicate an Earth impact.. Here is the latest regarding this unfolding catastophic situation Quote

I believe that the greatest potential for danger will come in the form of TU24 being an asteroid whose plasma discharge with Earth may cause great chaos, even though it is hundreds of thousands of kilometers away.

Plasma is the fourth state of matter, and one that we know little about. 99.999% of the universe consists of this plasma.

Astronomers hold the theoretical assumption that bodies in space are electrically neutral. An electric comet or asteroid would strike at the foundations of the theoretical sciences. A few months ago, a surprise happened.

On October 24th, 2007, Comet Holmes was the largest object in our solar system. 42% larger than our sun. For no apparent reason, it erupted from a very dim magnitude 17 to about magnitude 2.5 and its coma expanded to 2,000,000 km diameter.

The unpredictable behavior from Comet Holmes can be explained by the breakdown of the plasma sheath that forms around a charged body in space. A plasma sheath insulates the charged body from the charge of the plasma outside it. Across the wall of the sheath, called the "double layer," there is a strong electric field. But when that wall breaks down, the result can be an explosive instability with accompanying electric discharge.

Because of Comet Holmes just a few months ago, scientists are starting to seriously consider the 'electric universe', or plasma cosmology.

Plasma Cosmology acknowledges the electrodynamic nature of all things in the universe. In this non-mechanical view, gavity and inertia are joined by other forces to create the universe we know (and don't know). Plasma is not electrically neutral, but is a superconductor that can carry electrical charges throughout the solar system.

IT IS POSSIBLE that asteroid 2007 TU24 is negatively charged like Holmes and will react when it enters our magnetosphere in a few days.

According to plasma cosmology, the difference in the electrical potential between Earth and TU24 will result in a plasma discharge between the two when TU24 reaches Earth's magnetosphere (as it is destined to do, from the calculations).

The question is, is it charged like Comet Holmes?

I believe if TU24 affects us, it will most likely be in this way. The chances of TU24 being a negatively-charged asteroid and hitting our magnetosheath is greater than the chances of a direct impact with Earth. Our magnetosheath extends a minimum of 65,000km in the direction of the sun, and even further out in the direction opposite the sun.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Wow you found something on it, good hunting there 5go

I heard about it on a radio talk show on Sunday. The presenter was saying how most or all of the main sites including NASA have pulled all information down, and nothing much is being mentioned in the media - efectively a news blackout. It may seem that this asteroid is definitely causing them some concern - so much that it is safer to keep the masses in the dark about what could potentially happen.

• 5go
    5go

NASA has something on their site, it is very sanitized though. Something is up, there atleast is a fear this will do something. It may not hit the Earth though. I get the feeling it may hit the moon.

• 5go
    5go

BTW it's the size of the Sears Tower.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Numerous solutions indicate an Earth impact

Really? Whose?

On 1/22 NASA states unequivocally:

For the January 29th encounter, near Earth asteroid 2007 TU24 has no chance of hitting, or affecting, Earth.

#1 The electrical potential between the body in question and the Earth may not be that high.

#2 An object the size of the Sears tower would possess a relativiely negligible charge in relation to the massive size of the Earth, at best.

Just chicken little fear mongering. Nothing to see here, move along.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

It's all okay folks the "Plasma discharge" has already passed...in my lounge room. My huge Plasma T.V blanked out due to a power failure...it works fine now.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    It may not hit the Earth though. I get the feeling it may hit the moon.

No it will not. The object will perigee far above the moon's orbital plane. It will not interact with the moon in any kinetic way.

alt

• Satanus
    Satanus

The electric universe idea is something i find interesting. It has many implications. However, i don't think that this comet is anything to worry about. At worst, maybe a satelite or two could pass through a lightning strike. Maybe they get fried. No biggy. Planes pass through electrical storms all the time. Seeing how a lot of humans are like scared monkeys who run from their shadows, i can understand why information might be restricted. Especially when scientists themselves may have mainly suppositions.

S

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Correction on the 29th the Moon will be in Virgo. The Moon will transit Cancer/Leo on the 23rd. Virgo is not even on the chart above.

Burn

• 5go
    5go
    Just chicken little fear mongering. Nothing to see here, move along.

Burn are these posts on this thread designed to be constructive to the thread or are they yet again another attempt to make you self look smart despite not really being smart.

Because someone posted away more constructive criticism IE

Scientist aren't sure if anything will or won't happen. So to avoid panic they are hiding info. If they thought it was going to do what ever it is they think it will do with a certainty, they would tell us. Since they aren't sure they don't want to start a panic.

I respect that idea. Yours on the other hand sound just bitter about something else unrelated to this topic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit