I think I just became an unbaptized bible study student apostate

by AddaGirl 23 Replies latest jw friends

• AddaGirl
    AddaGirl

I had some major questions regarding 607 BCE which directly affect the Doctrine of 1914. My teacher, admitting being weak on history, could not answer my questions. I started researching and found that the appropriate dates for the "seventy years" were appearing to be 609 BCE to 539 BCE, the ruling period of Babylon. This meant that everything I was being taught based on 1914 was in effect, a lie. I wrote a detailed letter to the Society headquarters, with a cc: to the elders of the congregation I was attending, both service and ministry school asking for details on 607 BCE which is neither backed historically or biblically and called my teacher saying I would not be at service until I had some real good answers. I also sent my teacher a copy of the letter written. An elder came to my house and I showed him what information I had already. He also admitted being weak in the history and said to continue researching as the Society would appreciate the effort.

Well, I did a chronological of the Watchtower dates and found, through their own published information, that the kings of Babylon had a 20 year hole in them. And checking their referenced material, in particular, Antiquities of the Jews X, also found the same 20 year difference in the total number of years between the fall of Israel to the Assyrians to the fall of Babylon .

Based on these two findings, I adjusted the dates of the kings to remove the undefined 20 years between the last two kings of Babylon, Labashi-Marduk and Nabonidus, which by the way aligned them to historians dates. Then referring to all the Scripture that the Society used, applied the new dates and it fit Scripture like a glove. I found that most of the arguments they made, especially in the Appendix to Chapter 14 of Kingdom Come were tommyrot and not necessary if the dates were properly reflected.

I called my teacher to talk to her about my findings. Not only did she not call back, she returned my letter, unopened.

I called the elder that had come to my house and encouraged me to continue to set up some time to go over my findings. Again, no call back.

So far, and it has only been a little over a week, I have heard nothing from Society headquarters, but the lack of return phone calls tells me that maybe the congregation has heard something.

I really did not think a bible study student could be classified "apostate" but now I am beginning to wonder. Somehow I think I am going to get the "heart not in the right condition" answer because, I was looking for proof of the truth--questioning the Organization.

What I did learn, which is of most importance, is that I can read, research and understand the Bible without the Watchtower doing the interpretation for me. I can use their material for alot of the Scripture meaning, back out all the doctrine tommyrot and learn the true meaning that Jehovah wants for us all. If that means I am an "apostate" to the congregation, so be it.

Thanks for listening,

AddaGirl

• cognac
    cognac

lol, an unbaptised apostate... wow, i hadn't heard of that...

Keep calling as many people as you can. let us know if they answer you and what they say....

wish i had known about these things so I could have questioned more before i got baptised.

Good for you!!!

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Welcome to the club.

I too had some "interesting questions" at my studies with JWs.

I think that they prefer to use the term "Opposer" or "Goat" for us . Although my study guide has told me that he doesn't believe that I am either.

The difference between me and you is that I had doubts before I studied, but was willing to be pursuaded. For you to have apparantly gone into this believing them and through your own excellent research have managed to see through their sham is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING !

Well done.

I hope you stay around here !

• Akira
    Akira

I recomend you this book: The Gentile Times Reconsidered by Carl O. Jonsson

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi AddaGirl,
    Welcome!

Stick around and you will find there are much bigger questions about the faith of a JW too :)

Have a look here from someone who was at the top and found many big contradictions with life as a JW and that of a biblical Christian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc5u2EkD-7E

(Please copy and paste the link in your browser)

All the best,
    Stephen

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

According to this girl I know, I am an unbaptized apostate.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

That is too funny.

Were you "raised" around the religion...if so, I got that and was eventually pressured in. Like you, I had many MANY questions as a child yet I was told I needed to "wait on Jah and just go with what I was being taught by the FDS (faithful deceptive discrete slaves)".

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I know in my personal case I was raised into the religion. I made a blog myspace though and this girl who went out of her way to contact me and told me she "loved to debate", then read the blog and called me an apostate. She also said I "stumble easy". Haha I wrote her back and informed her by definition you have to believe in a cause to be an apostate and I never believed in the cause.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

So you are now a UBSSA. Congratulations!

This is going to scare the pants off your conductor. Expect to see some of the elders joining the study. Eventually, if you don't change your ways, they will inform you that the study will be discontinued.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Wow, good for you! That's some research. When I taught people that stuff, I used jw literature-it says that the one date that bible, science, achaeology and everyone KNOWS is certain is 537--a 'pivotal date'. That's as deep as I went in 11 years of pioneering.

It blows my mind: they tell you to study, but then when you do and find out they're a lie they run!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit