Posting for the first time

by southern belle 24 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

Welcome to JWD. You are a brave and noble person. I admire you. I left quickly ( 20 years ago) - in about six months time, from start to letter of resigation and a year later my JW wife divorced me and I was separated from her and our two children. Your path was hard, but a necessary one. Many people limp along as closet apostates for years and years trying to avoid the "consequences" for following the WT religion. Good luck and peace to you.

Shalom,

Moshe- a Jew since 2001

• lavendar
    lavendar

Hi Southern Belle!

Congratulations for recognizing the WTS for what it really is. You are very brave to have taken this step. Who knows.....perhaps someday you'll be the instrument in helping your family members escape as well.

All the best to you,

Lavendar

• mind my own
    mind my own

Welcome Southern Belle! Congrats to you for making a very difficult (but right) decision!

It does get easier. Mostly I have just accepted the way things are and maybe someday I will have a relationship with some members of my family again.

I am glad that you feel free, it is a nice feeling isn't it?

Look forward to hearing from you more,

MMO

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Welcome!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

You sound really good for a person so new in coming out, but with 2.5 years of reasearch, that's quite a trip out, I hope you write about it, sometimes it helps to see someone elses path.

Depending on where you are in rebuilding yourself, things will continue to change as long as you allow it.

Enjoy the trip!

WLG

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Hello Southern Belle!

And welcome aboard.

It is amazing how many are coming out of the JW faith and posting here.

Very encouraging!!

The Oracle

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Southern Belle,

Welcome!! I was raised in the organization too. My husband and I were in for 50 years. At the time, we did not have the support that the Internet provides. It was very hard losing all the friends that we had made all those years. Know how hard it must be for you too. I was second generation, my kids were third. We lost our son when we left along with my sister. Our mothers were still in the organization but since they lived with us, they did not disfellowship us. Honey, do not mistake zeal and loyalty to the WT organization as "spirituality" The really spiritual people are the ones who display the "fruitages of the spirit" such as love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, long-suffering and self-control. When they disfellowship you, to my way of seeing it, they do not display these characteristics. Nor do the ones who shun you. I hope you find the support and love you need here on JWD. There are a lot of understanding people here.

Love and hugs,

Gramma Velta

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Welcome to the board

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I agree about the weight being lifted off. It's an awesome feeling.

Just be prepared for a period of depression. Leaving the organization is somewhate like experiencing death; it was your entire world. You have to make new friends and acquaintances. In the meantime, it gets lonely.

I suggest you stay close to the forum. Also check around your area for others who have left. There is a site on the internet called Meetup. You might check it out.

http://exjw.meetup.com/

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Southern Belle,

Welcome. Your bravery is impressive. I hope that your family will come around and begin to speak to you once the shock has worn off. You are so right about the weight being lifted. Even with the all of the bad things that happen, it really is worth it.

Again welcome to the board. There are a lot of kind people here and it is always nice to have another join us.

Sheri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit