Ita Buttrose quoted in 15th Sept WT

by why144000 16 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The Australian Women's Weekly is the most well-read magazine by Aussie MEN!

Come on unc, you know I'm speaking the truth!

And as for Ita? She's gorgeous and remember how she was once Australia's most celebrated celebate?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Don't you mean "thelebrated thelibate", Ozzie?

(For those of you without television, Ita has a rather pronounced lisp)

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Stephanus and UncleBruce,

It was not my intent to compare Australian Women's Weekly and The Weekly World News by including the two in the same post. After a quick look at the Australian Women's Weekly web site, it appeared to me to be similar to the U.S. weekly, For Women First, which while it includes gossip, recipes, and treacly sentimentalism, also usually publishes correct information about new findings in health, medicine, and other fields.

I dragged in The Weekly World News because it is a secret guilty pleasure, because I love headlines like LEASE YOUR SOUL TO SATAN with an option to fry, and because I wanted to rib Slipnslidemaster a bit.

I must admit, I would also enjoy reading the political opinions of a former English socialite and the experiences of "feisty" Yvonne and Diana in their "squalid hell-hole." But then, I am a big fan of Nancy Mitford's Love in a Cold Climate and Stella Gibbons' Cold Comfort Farm

I was in a silly mood. No offense was intended.

I would also be interested to see the complete original quotation by Ita Buttrose. Was it quoted in context? What did Ita Buttrose have to say about materialism and the feeling that something is missing from one's life? Do her conclusions mesh with the Society's in the September 15 study article?

Ginny

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I haven't leased my soul to Satan yet, I'm his Cabana Boy though.

Slipnslidemaster:"The average person thinks he isn't."
    - Father Larry Lorenzoni

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

ah yes, Slipnslidemaster: ribbed for HER pleasure.

Slipnslidemaster:"The average person thinks he isn't."
    - Father Larry Lorenzoni

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Oh, Cabana Boy!

When do we move on to ticklers?

BTW, I need a little more suntan lotion on my back, please.

feisty Jemima Buttrose, frying in a hell-hole

P.S. Are hell-holes anything like donut holes?

• larc
    larc

Amazing,

I was very interested in your last post. I was educated in the softer science of psychology. Nonetheless, if you look at any issue of the Journal of Applied Psychology, you will see some very sophisticated research. I am in the process of conducting two pieces of research, and know that my references, citations, etc. will have to be thorough, completely accurate and well explained. By contrast, when I now pick up an Awake, it is so obvious how sloppy and misleading their articles are.

Couple of questions: 1. Is AlanF's material available? 2. I started a thread on education. Could you post your story, re: education and how you got it. I think it would be an interesting addition.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit