Who made the universe? Find out here...

by Chalam 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi all,
    Thanks to the new friends and acquaintances I have been making on here. Love to you all.

OK see what you think of this. I will use New World Translation unholy scriptures for old times sake for all the ex JWS ;)

Genesis 1:1-31
    1 In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth

John 1:1-51
    1 In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. 2 This one was in [the] beginning with God. 3 All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence.

Now John 1:1 is a famous TOTAL mistranslation with the "a god" instead of "God".

If you want to check 13 credible version simultaneously then see here.
    http://bible.cc/john/1-1.htm

Or go back to the Greek for you scholars here ;)
    http://biblos.com/john/1-1.htm

But forget that, JWs are likely heard that one before.

So turn you attention to verse John 1:3

As we know from verse 14, The Word is Jesus and verse 3 says He made all things (i.e. the universe etc.)

There is only one logical explanation, Jesus is God and was not created (as the WT says) because He created everything.

And the WT say the Trinity is a lie...

Here is something for the WT "LIARS LIARS!"

Here some proper truth

John 8:32 (New International Version)
    Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Love in Christ,
    Stephen

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Interesting. Have you thought of opening up a theology school or university. I think you would do well.

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

I am slowly coming to the conclusion that any debate on the scriptures is a waste of time.

Its like this, we all find a piece of furniture from IKEA and its all put together wrong.

The instructions were impossible to read in the first place, but they were lost, then found in a wall, then lost again, then translated from a mysterious language, then argued over, people killed and were killed over, then we ll stand around with 45 different versions of how to put the furniture together correctly and wonder why we argue ( putting IKEA furniture together is a recipe for divorce at the best of times)

I say wait for the designer of the furniture to come back and sort it out, until then just say its a piece of art.

• inkling
    inkling
    Now John 1:1 is a famous TOTAL mistranslation with the "a god" instead of "God".

I don't that this is at all clear. Isn't opinion divided among scholars? interesting point about gen 1:1 though.... [ink]

• dawg
    dawg

Yea, all of this happens right before the talking snake appears....you're trying to make sense of gooblygook. Don't take the bible literal my friend, it isn't... and instead of opening a seminary, you might want to take a college class on the orgins of the bible... its just a book bro... and I bet you a dime to a million you can find a scholar that will refute all that you've mentioned. ANd find those that agree, but just as Jesus said, you make the word of God void....why? worrying too much about laws and the like.

Just keep the general message,and you'll fare much better.

• Carmel
    Carmel

".....the only logical explanation....." Another exclusivist approach! I assure you there are other explanations and that they may demonstrate superior logic!! carmel

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Chal,

Thanks for the info. Now I know(sarcasim), but the question begs: How do we know the persons who wrote the various books of bible knew what they were talking or writting about? And was thier source of information correct? Voices and vision in one mind can hardly be relied apon to be an acurate information when it comes big questions like who created the universe, no mater if it was written 2,000-3500 years ago or today, so no mater how long ago it was written, the same princible applies IMO.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi all,
    Thanks for your posts and your views.

frankiespeakin,
    Maybe God gave the words directly to Moses?

He spoke directly to him man times, see here.

http://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=LORD+SAID+MOSES&x=0&y=0

There is verse which says that Moses had a relationship with God like no other, I will try and find it if you like?

If you read about the relationship that Moses had with God that becomes apparent too.

All the best,
    Stephen

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Chalam:

Maybe God gave the words directly to Moses?

Or maybe - and this might just blow your mind - maybe he didn't. What if the people who said God spoke directly to them just made it up? Have you even considered that possibility? How would you know beyond just taking someone's word (or Word) for it?

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    I am slowly coming to the conclusion that any debate on the scriptures is a waste of time.

Its like this, we all find a piece of furniture from IKEA and its all put together wrong.

The instructions were impossible to read in the first place, but they were lost, then found in a wall, then lost again, then translated from a mysterious language, then argued over, people killed and were killed over, then we ll stand around with 45 different versions of how to put the furniture together correctly and wonder why we argue ( putting IKEA furniture together is a recipe for divorce at the best of times)

I say wait for the designer of the furniture to come back and sort it out, until then just say its a piece of art.

!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit