greetings from a long time lurker

by nondescriptex 30 Replies latest jw friends

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Welcome to the board. One post will lead to more.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Nondescriptex, I always like to quote the Latin philosopher Horace - "Quid rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur." When translated means "Why do you laugh? Change the name, and the story is told of you." We've all been there. You're among friends. Just let it all out. Of course, don't name names and places if you need to protect yourself. It's understandable. Welcome to the board.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Welcome, nondescriptex (great name, by the way!) I, too, lurked for a LONG time and finally posted but am unable to post too much.

Boy, do you have a way with words - 'can't get any air' or something like that, can't remember exactly - great line!

That is precisely why I've more or less ditched the meetings - stale, stale air with nary a breath of 'fresh' and I recall when the talk from the platform was so against breathing in the 'air of this world'. Well, my, my how the tide has turned...the air in the Kingdom Hall is progressively becoming more and more unbreathable and this site, as you say, is our conduit to stimulating and invigorating discussion and debate.

Methinks the atmosphere in the Halls will eventually become so choked up that a mass exodus becomes inevitable - religions do invariably yield to the prevailing climate and there is indeed climate-change going on!

Again, welcome! Hoping to hear more from you,

• Maddie
    Maddie

Welcome to JWD nondescriptex

When you feel unable to talk about your feelings to anyone it is awful but you can let it all out here.

Maddie

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Welcome to the board!

I know what you mean about needing a place to breathe and vent your feelings after being stifled for so many years. It is a horrible feeling to know you can't confide in anybody there for fear they will 'turn you in'. By turning you in, they are doing their 'christian duty' you know! It is pathetic, really.

Just remember to not include any details that can identify you in a post and also in PMs to other posters here.

Good to have you.

LHG

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome Nondes:::: Great that you introduced your self

with the fear of being turned in. Yes this in a FREE country makes you think dont it?

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Hi and welcome. It takes nuts just to sign on here, I know. Thanks for reminding us what it's like and I look forward to reading you again.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Hi Nondes. , you've made a great decision to post your thoughts and ideas, this is a great place to express yourself and in doing so mature your intellect

Something which can never happen at the Kingdom hall

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome!

I was a 'good one' too. Still a good one, just not a good Jw. LOL

Come tell us more when and to the limit you dare.

Jeff

• Open mind
    Open mind

Proof positive.......

LURKERS EXIST!!

Welcome aboard nondescriptex!

Keep on reading & post as much as your comfort level allows.

Open Mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit