They Can't Admit They're Wrong ...

by compound complex 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

The GB are all captivated and enslaved by a myth, a concept. They'll never admit they're wrong because they don't believe they're wrong. Anything can be written away at the flick of a pen. Look at 1925, 1975, the 1914 Generation, everything they have taught has failed and been dismissed as if it never happened.

I feel sorry for the people still enslaved. They keep waiting and hoping for something, anything to happen... So sad...

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

did you ever want 'to jump up from [your] seat, run to the podium, and argue for the apparently forgotten truth'?

Sadly, by the time I was old enough to realize the lack of "truth", I also was too jaded to think my jumping up from my seat would have any impact. I remember these thoughts going through my mind, regarding the "evilness" of the UN, the "wrongness" of blood transfusions, the "holiness" of this pioneer or that one: "Oh, if they only knew", "How could they get this so wrong?", "When will they get the New Light they so desperately need?"

• sspo
    sspo
    Those who attended the Annual Meeting [comparable to a pilgrimage to the Holy Land] said that certain of the GB did admit from the platform that they have made mistakes ... ?????????

Wouldn't it be nice on their part if they would admit it and publish it for the watchtower study?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, civic, void and sspo:

March into Hell for a heavenly cause ... that's what I used to think. Then I put that determination against the Scripture that says that God's people were performing atrocities that had never come into his mind. For whatever it's worth, I finally saw that the demands of the Society - interpreted as true worship - had no connection to how I understood God to be.

Just say publicly what all of us already know ... God's servants, from the lowest to the HIGHEST, are supposed to be humble and acknowledge their sins.

Will that ever happen?

CC

• heathen
    heathen

really , I mean they'd be the first to point out how the apostle Paul showed humility after a dispute with the disciples , what can you say, it was just easier for them to demonize and belittle people who wont accept all of their convoluted reasonings , and obviously some are clearly twisted to rediculous proportions .

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thought you'd find this timely . . .

• smiddy
    smiddy

I was one that went through the 1975 fiasco and remember quite clearly how the Borg tried to distant themselves from any responsability of giving the impression that armageddon could occur in 1975 or failing that only a few months not years later.

And even though I knew they were not being totally honest about their involvement in promoting 1975 and then blaming the rank and file for reading too much into what was said in talks and print ,

I still didnt wake up until 1993 that they were full of shit ......thats another 18 years down the drain.

I dont consider myself a complete idiot ,the last 40 years of my 54 years working life was as a Laboratory technician .

However I still ponder how I could have been an active JW for 33 years before and after 1975.

The brain ..what you want to believe ...regardless of what facts tell you...rationality ? Justification ? Ignorance ?

Stupidity ? Upbringing ? Family ? again, your brain ,they all have a bearing on what you believe and how you respond to alternative beliefs presented to you.

Thanks CoCo , the GB are just like the Fonz ,they cant say the word WRONG.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great bump of this thread !

Yes, the level of arrogance the GB have in trying to re-write history is mind blowing!

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

That is one trait that they share with communism - i.e. never ever admit to being wrong!

• compound complex
    compound complex

"And even though I knew they were not being totally honest about their involvement in promoting 1975 and then blaming the rank and file for reading too much into what was said in talks and print, I still didnt wake up until 1993. . . ." -- smiddy

You're welcome, smiddy, and thanks to you, stuckinarut2, and Bungi Bill for your replies.

Yes, we lived through it, but has our history been rewritten, too?!?!?!?!?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit