They Can't Admit They're Wrong ...

by compound complex 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• compound complex
    compound complex

As 1975 approached, we began to hear the preliminary murmurs of denial from the Society rather than any honest admissions or apologies for their dreadful mistake. Finally, I remember sitting at the Watchtower study one Sunday listening to the brothers and sisters parroting the information from the study article and innocently taking all of the blame for misinterpreting what the Society had said about 1975. It was the first of several occasions when I longed to jump up from my seat, run to the podium, and argue for the apparently forgotten truth. Instead, I sat there and thought how much the Society was like the Scribes and Pharisees in Jesus’ day—burdening the people with heavy loads that they were not willing to budge with their finger (Matthew 23:4). If any rank and file Witness had been called up before a committee, accused of an indisputable sin, and in response blatantly denied it, and then tried to blame other innocent people instead, that person would have been disfellowshiped for sure. Yet that was exactly what the Governing Body members were doing! How could I continue to respect them as spiritual leaders?

***********************************************************************************************************

The above was written by my friend, Sherry Jansma.

Angered by what you have heard at the KH, did you ever want 'to jump up from [your] seat, run to the podium, and argue for the apparently forgotten truth'?

CC

• compound complex
    compound complex

Testimony of Nils and Sherry Jansma

http://www.exjws.net/pioneers/jansma.htm

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Oprah Winfrey, had an article in her magazine recently about Highly Defensive People. These are individuals who cannot take any criticism at all without making excuses.

Normal people try to justify their actions too, but when they make a mistake they admit it, apologize, and move on. Highly Defensive People, are not emotionally strong enough to accept even the slightest, constructive criticism.

Here's an article from WebMD regarding it. Wait! Are You Implying That I Need To Read This Article?

• Mary
    Mary

Good point.

• sspo
    sspo

Never will you see the GB apoligize for anything, no matter how much they screw up, how many lives are lost and how often they are

proven wrong.

The Catholic church with all of its bad history has apoligized many times for their wrongdoing but not the watchtower.

They lack humility just like the pharisees of the 1st century.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I've been meaning to post this gem from the Keep on the Watch brochure:

kpp.14 ‘The Hour of Judgment’ Has Arrived***

Would

It Make a Difference if You Knew?

If you knew for sure that the impending execution of divine judgment would not come for a few more years, would that change how you are using your life? If the end of this old system is already later than you expected, have you allowed this to slow you down in Jehovah’s service?—Hebrews 10:36-38.

Our not knowing the exact time gives us opportunity to show that we serve God out of pure motives. Those who know Jehovah realize that a last-minute display of zeal will not impress God, who sees what the heart is.—Jeremiah 17:10; Hebrews 4:13.

For those who truly love Jehovah, he always comes first. Like other people, true Christians may do secular work. However, their goal is, not to get rich, but to have sufficient material goods and a little to share. (Ephesians 4:28; 1 Timothy 6:7-12) They also enjoy wholesome recreation and a change of pace, but their desire is to be refreshed, not simply to do what everyone else is doing. (Mark 6:31; Romans 12:2) Like Jesus Christ, they delight in doing God’s will.—Psalm 37:4; 40:8.

True Christians want to live and serve Jehovah forever. That prospect is not less precious because they must wait for certain blessings a little longer than some may have expected.

This one short series of paragraphs in a box were instrumental in convincing me that everything they had said or written were lies. Talk about mind control cult-speak. The fact is that it was the WTBTS that has fed us the anticipation about the impending end of this system and inflated the expectations of the R&F. The bOrg is the one setting the date, the fact that they have been consistently wrong, means that they are false prophets and do not know God at all. They are not qualified to speak for God. They have no right to tell me what to think. They have no right to tell me to go door-to-door pushing their lies on others. They have no right to tell me that I have to go to their stupid meetings and listen to garbage of their own making.

Of course they can't admit they're wrong. Everyone would leave and the Watchtower would shrivel and die.

• heathen
    heathen

yah it's pretty strange how they deal with the mistakes they've made. It was all part of Gods plan to test your love for his organization or some such crapola. There's no room for dissent and people that disagree are treated like crap you will never even get an apology even if you were right and they were wrong , they just go on about how you ran ahead of the organization . Really pretty sick.

• Maddie
    Maddie

I hate the borg!!!!!!!

Maddie

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Religion is Bullshit it has always been and it always will, 1975 was just a marketing strategy as were the other false prophetic dates

Freedom of the press, freedom of religion stimulates thoughts of power in mens minds ........... a true American dream

• compound complex
    compound complex

Great comments, Friends. Thank you very much.

Those who attended the Annual Meeting [comparable to a pilgrimage to the Holy Land] said that certain of the GB did admit from the platform that they have made mistakes ... ?????????

Can we take this to the next level?

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit