"LIES, LIES!" for Bible readers and those with the NWT unholy scriptures.

by Chalam 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,
    I was just watching this video after reading another thread.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Xjw_sk7tA

The I saw the this verse plastered over the wall in the kingdom hall.

See here from the NWT "Holy Scriptures" Romans 10
    "13 For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”"

This is another TOTAL lie and fabrication and I found myself calling out "lies, lies" as I saw it!

For starters the word here is from the Greek, kurios which is never translated as Jehovah in any other bible but as God, Lord, master or Sir. The name Jehovah is not in any other New Testament in any other bible, save the NWT unholy scriptures.

OK now go over to Acts 4, even in the NWT

12 Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”

So what name is that they are talking about then?

NWT 10 let it be known to all of YOU and to all the people of Israel, that in the name of Jesus Christ the Naz·a·rene´, whom YOU impaled but whom God raised up from the dead, by this one does this man stand here sound in front of YOU

So in the NWT these two verses totally contradict each other.

This one too, back in Romans 10 NWT

9 For if you publicly declare that ‘word in your own mouth,’ that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved

So summing up, the NWT says that only calling upon the name of Jesus will lead to salvation, see Acts 4. But over it Romans 10 it say to call upon the name of Jehovah?!

The NWT is totally bogus, full of half truths and downright lies. Jesus is King Of Kings, Lord Of Lords, one with the Father and the only name by which we may be saved, read that in any good Bible :)

God's blessing to you all :)

Love Stephen

• bob1999
    bob1999

You are so right. It's a wonder that most JW's don't see this.

• lavendar
    lavendar

Yeah, they'd have to admit that Jesus is Jehovah.......something that they will NEVER do.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Hi Steve

I have forgotten more than I care to admit about the Scriptures. I was an elders daughter and was introduced to the ministerial school at 10, I full time pioneered and had to study all the time. When I left the organization I put it all out of my mind. I find it interesting to hear that the NWT is not always accurate. I of course being raised in the truth just believed that because my parents said so it was true. In any case I don't know who to ask here, being new and all. I read some of the threads and it seems there are actual practicing JW's on here. Is that true. Kind of scarey to me.

Velvetann from Canada

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

From just the Revelation book it is clear that the Witchtower Babble and Trash have a confused idea of who Jesus and the Father really are.

1: The Alpha and Omega is identified as Christ in one passage discussing this, and Jehovah in the other (at least in the original)

2: In the revised version, things which were ascribed to Jesus are changed so Jehovah does them.

3: The scripture where Jesus says "whatever you ask of me in my name I will do it" is deliberately altered to say "Whatever you ask in My name will be given to you"(NWT) look at the greek.

I remember in the 70 s we were told to encourage the NEW bible study to compare what was in the NWT with his own Bible. The craftiness has only just occurred to me: Look at the verses quoted in the early chapters of any book meant for the Gofors. ("Truth" book, "Really Teach", "Live Forever" )

All the verse used at the early stages are the non-controversial ones, which are all the same in any bible. We were encouraged to get the study using the NWT as soon as possible. "So what does YOUR bible say?" we would ask. "Just the same in SO MANY WORDS" Once that idea has been planted, the switch to NWT can be made.

Now the study will no longer comapre the versions, and the point in the book is reached where the WT bible deliberately mistranslates, or adds bracketed word to subtily alter the meaning.

This is the point in the study that the gofor can be reprogrammed, because he has been gulled into thinking every other Bible says the same thing as every verse in NWT, "in SO MANY WORDS"

OMG! This is something that only occurred to me as I put up my reply!!! NEW LIGHT! ( not NOOLITE)

If the WT really believed that salvation depends on proper understanding of Christ's role, why are they confusing everybody?

I can only conclude that by keeping everybody busy and confused they are less likely to see how they have been deceived and leave.

HB

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

They twist all the scriptures to their own perversion of "truth". Nothing new there, but the sad part is, no active convinced "dub" will ever believe that. I firmly believe that the only time dubs begin to doubt, is when they become more and more absent from the meetings, service, because then, they start to THINK.

So for those of you living with an active wit, my advise would be to find any way possible, within legal means of course, to keep them away from the meetings as often as possible, kinda like an addict coming off of a drug, hurts at first, but then clarity of mind sets in.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I had a discussion with some friends about the bible and how the Witnesses bible has been altered to support the society and not the Son.

I had earlier mentioned this to my witness assocate and he asked me which bible was the most acurate. I suggested the oldest is probably the more accurate. A bible that is only 150 or less years old would likely be the least accurate.

I suggested as it says in Revelation about altering the bible scripture that it was useless for me to study something altered, like an owners manual for a sophisticated device. It won't work!

Their book is all about the Jehovah real estate corp, not about salvation from Jesus.

No wonder most of my friends have zero interest in the book.

• claytoncapeletti
    claytoncapeletti

"The NWT is totally bogus, full of half truths and downright lies. Jesus is King Of Kings, Lord Of Lords, one with the Father and the only name by which we may be saved, read that in any good Bible :) "

But since there no one true version or any proof that GOD wrote or inspire any Bible, doesn't that make Bible just an old book with some helpful advice? To me, it does not matter what version you are reading, it's all a bunch of lies. The Christian Bible, is no more real than the Koran or even the Book of Mormons. In a few hundred years, mankind will look back and make fun of us for worshiping a carpenter. Just think of how you look at ancient Greek or Roman Gods. Mankind evolved enough to see that those Gods were a bunch of B.S. One day people will look at Jesus and Mohammed and say "Wow, how did those people ever believe in something so silly"

Just my 2 cents.

With Brotherly love,

The Cape

• Maddie
    Maddie

Chalam - Full of lies and unholy is a good description of the NWT.

Maddie

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

The witnesses seem very similar to the clergy of old, where the bible was only read in latin, only interperated by the select few, to keep everyone in the dark. Thank goodness for revolutionaries. However the witnesses are back under that arcaic practice, they just don't see it for what it is, they are illiterate and poor in the spirit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit