These fundies will never suicide bomb

by Rex B13 23 Replies latest jw friends

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Rex,

question: Do you think CS Lewis was a fundie?

Thanks,
    LisaBObeesa

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Rex,learn to take a joke.If you do,you won`t feel like people are after you.HAVE A NICE DAY EH!...OUTLAW

• Norm
    Norm

Rex,
    You Said:

Norm, you are a sad case indeed. You cannot stand for someone to have found inner peace and contentment.

Well, you don’t seem to be experiencing much inner peace and contentment Rex, you seem rather confused and scared to me. Still afraid that your imaginary butcher in the sky will zap you if you do not adhere to his insane rules.

Don't throw away eternity until you have really given Jesus a chance. The more that you harden against His word, the more you will be hardened. That is the one unforgivable sin, the 'sin against the Spirit'. May God grant each of you what you ask for.
    Rex

It is very difficult to give imaginary fantasy figures any chances; it is just like Santa, Bigfoot and the tooth fairy Rex. No matter how many chances they get they are still imaginary. Using your brain and being honest with yourself isn’t a sin Rex, don’t worry. Don’t be afraid Rex, you shouldn’t be so obsessed with sin, it isn’t healthy.
    Above all you must stay away from the Pagan Sodomite Disney World

Norm

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

From the websiute that Fido posted, under something about Prayer requests;

That the Muslims in New York would come to know Christ as their Savior

Presumably the Muslims outside of New York can learn to distinguish the difference between a care parcel and a cluster bomblet

Rex, I have a new signature for you;

Rex B13, putting the FUN back in fundamental, or the MENTAL back in fundamental; you decide.

Keep on rocking in the free world...

• Satanus
    Satanus

rex

I bet you have more fear than i do. You promote fearing god.

Muslims worship the same god as you do. Mohammed got his stuff from the bible. They probably pray more than you do.

SS

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Rex,

Ginny, you continue to use the parts of the Bible you find distasteful as an excuse to disbelieve.

"Believe and obey me or die" is a recurring theme throughout the Bible, not just a distasteful portion, Rex. A terrorist may be kind to his victims while they are alive, feed and clothe them, and say that he loves them, but if he uses threats to coerce, he is still a terrorist.

I am not looking for an excuse to disbelieve. I am an agnostic and will accept whatever credible evidence comes forth.

You forget the wager of pascal, which is valid in use with Christianity, there is no faith closer to making any sense whatsoever.

Pascal argued that, OK, so you'll never know for sure whether or not God exists, it's all a cosmic game of heads or tails. But you have everything to gain and nothing to lose by betting on his existence. Remember, you're only staking one finite, so-so little life against a chance to win an infinity of an infinitely happy life. If you win (God exists), you've won everything; if you lose (if God doesn't exist), you haven't really a lost a thing.

From what I've read and studied, I don't think the odds are in God's favor. I don't think they're even 50-50. I also value my finite life more than Pascal evidently did, so my stake would be much higher. I've seen how a belief in God can affect people's lives, especially fundamentalist, fanatic beliefs. Many religious beliefs divide, promote intolerance, lessen compassion and understanding. As a JW, I felt as though I was sleepwalking through my own life. If my life had ended while I was a JW and there was no god, I would have lost immortality and my finite life as well.

Just read what you write, Rex. You fault Islamic fundamentalists for their suicide bombers and jihads, and seem somehow to forget that Christianity has its martyrs and crusades.

You disparage Naeblis for thinking he knows it all and accuse him of being scared and anxious. Don't you think you know it all, the "one, true way"? If you look inside yourself, aren't your beliefs a protection from being scared and anxious of the possibility that there may be no god, that this finite life might be it?

You say that Norm cannot stand for someone to have found inner peace and contentment. If you have found inner peace and contentment, I am happy for you, Rex. I just wish you could understand that the answers aren't the same for everyone. What brings you inner peace is evidently unsatisfying for Norm.

It is you who have thrown the first stone with this post, Rex. With a title like "These fundies will never suicide bomb" and posting what you did, you may as well have said, "I thank you, God, that I'm not like everybody else, thieving, unjust, adulterous, and especially not like that toll collector over there. I fast twice a week, I give tithes of everything that I acquire." (Luke 18:11) With our shared WT history, I would think you, of all people, would understand how distasteful this is.

Share your experiences and joy in demonstrating "love of neighbor." Those who do not share your faith can share your joy. We can share similar experiences of our own, moments in which we feel we have made a difference. Throw rocks at those who do not believe as you do, and I am likely to throw them back at your glass halo.

Ginny

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

My first question, Ginny:
    What type of person on here is consistently attacked besides loyal JWs?
    Answer: Anyone who stands firm for valid Biblical concepts.
    That is what I deal with continually. The ludicrous lie that "there is no difference between Christianity and Islam at the most basic level" is slanderous in the extreme. The only negative similiarities are from our common fallen nature.
    What you and others here do is constantly use straw man arguments and over-generalizations (crusades, Catholic middle ages).
    You refuse to recognize that each person's spiritual transformation begins at a different level, then you canstigate anyone who doesn't fit your mold of 'what a Christian should be'. Christ is working on people who are from "desperately depraved", up to "pretty nice". But its not about making 'nice persons', for none of us can measure up to His standards. Christ is creating a New Man in all who believe.
    BTW, when did you last see a whole network of Christian fundy terrorist groups bent on killing innocent people by the thousands? Where did Jesus say, "If they won't convert, YOU are to kill them"? Did Jesus and the apostles rob caravans and murder people?
    Hmmm, every one seems to have been a political or Islamic group. Then we have guys like Shabbaz and Farakahn teaching things like, "kill all Zionists".
    Let's look at some less mentioned groups that promote murder.
    Organisations like NOW are partially to blame for millions of dead babies. They have influenced this country and other countries to allow this 'terrorism' of the unborn, who have no political clout.....except for fundamentalist Christians that is.
    Hey, I don't blame anyone here but I am not afraid to step on any toes if the situation calls for it. I have not stressed that I am any better than anyone. The only valid comparison in God's eyes is how we measure up to Christ. In that we all fail, unless God sees us in the propitiatary sacrifice of Christ and His work on the cross.

For Leesa,
    Lewis was more orthodox in his views. He did not deal with specific doctrine outside of the trinity, literal hell and heaven. His point was not to promote one particular view of Christianity for he admitted not being a theologian. His effort was to show why Chritianity was believable to Him from a logical and spiritual standpoint.

Naebis,
    You can't answer so you just post nonsense?

Rex

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Rex,

My first question, Ginny:
    What type of person on here is consistently attacked besides loyal JWs?

Answer: Anyone who stands firm for valid Biblical concepts.

See how you are? You pretend to ask me a question, but you already presume to know the answer. Your answer itself is smug, because you also presume that whatever you happen to believe in at the moment are "valid Biblical concepts."

To answer your question, I would need to know what you consider an "attack." There are many discussions and debates here, and sometimes many people respond and debate with certain posters. If this constitutes an attack, I believe that the type of person who is consistently "attacked" is the type who are self-righteous, hypocritical, condemn others, and presume to know THE Truth or the "one, true way."

The ludicrous lie that "there is no difference between Christianity and Islam at the most basic level" is slanderous in the extreme.

How so, Rex? The two religions begin with the same patriarch, Abraham, and Biblical prophets from Adam and Abraham to Solomon and Jesus are affirmed by the Qur'an.

Islam and Christianity: Similarities and Differences
    http://muslim-canada.org/islam_christianity.html#fateha

What you and others here do is constantly use straw man arguments and over-generalizations (crusades, Catholic middle ages).

You asserted that "these fundies will never suicide bomb." I asserted that in Christianity there is no real need, since God himself will do the killing. I mainly asserted that God is a terrorist, an assertion which you have not debated.

Christianity has a history of martyrdom and crusades. This is not a straw man. The point is that historically some fundamentalists have been willing to die for a cause, just as have Islamic fundamentalists. If blaming Christianity for crusades is over-generalizing and unfair, then so is blaming Islam for the behavior of a few fanatics.

You refuse to recognize that each person's spiritual transformation begins at a different level, then you canstigate anyone who doesn't fit your mold of 'what a Christian should be'. Christ is working on people who are from "desperately depraved", up to "pretty nice". But its not about making 'nice persons', for none of us can measure up to His standards. Christ is creating a New Man in all who believe.

In my first response to your post, I did not castigate you personally, Rex. I pointed out what I see as inconsistencies in your outlook.

In my second response, I tried to explain why people may react negatively to your posts. If you presented your message differently, e.g. "This is an answer I've found to be satisfying. Perhaps it could help you, too," without the backlash of condemnation and self-righteousness, I think people would react differently. Sure, people would still question, but I don't think the answers would be quite so harsh.

BTW, when did you last see a whole network of Christian fundy terrorist groups bent on killing innocent people by the thousands?

"It is worth reminding ourselves that extreme Christian fundamentalism breeds its own violent cells of terrorists here at home. According to the Abortion Rights League, there have been 2,500 reported attacks and 55,000 acts of illegal disruption against medical clinics since the late 1970s in the United States."

from http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-091701balzar.column

You can also read about acts of religious terrorism committed by Christian fundamentalists in India, including Baptist missionary Graham Staines:

http://www.swordoftruth.com/swordoftruth/archives/byauthor/rgopalkrishnan/aortbcfii.html

There's also this:

At the fringe of Evangelism are groups whose enthusiasm for the coming of the messiah ring alarm bells for Israeli law security authorities. Some plan to mount a violent attack at the Temple Mount in order to induce the battle of the end of days, while others have rented apartments in Jerusalem to peacefully await the foretold calamities and the return of Jesus. There are also groups who have declared their intention to commit suicide in Jerusalem prior to the millennium in anticipation of being brought back to life on New Year's Day, 2000. In January 1999, Israeli police arrested members of one such group - the Colorado-based "Concerned Christians" - who were said to be plotting violent attacks on sensitive sites and a mass suicide on the eve of the third millennium. Sending a warning to similarly-intentioned groups, all of the Concerned Christians were deported.

from http://www.wjc.org.il/publications/policy_dispatches/pub_dis38.html

Just do a search for "Christian," "fundamentalist," and "violent," and you'll find lots more.

Where did Jesus say, "If they won't convert, YOU are to kill them"? Did Jesus and the apostles rob caravans and murder people?

Jesus trusted that his father would cast people into hell; he and his apostles need not sully their hands. "Convert or die" is the same message whether you do the killing personally or have a celestial hitman, Rex.

Hmmm, every one seems to have been a political or Islamic group. Then we have guys like Shabbaz and Farakahn teaching things like, "kill all Zionists".

I think you know as well as I do that there are Christian groups which promote hate and killing, the Ku Klux Klan for one.

Organisations like NOW are partially to blame for millions of dead babies. They have influenced this country and other countries to allow this 'terrorism' of the unborn, who have no political clout.....except for fundamentalist Christians that is.

As I noted above, fundamentalist Christians have attacked medical clinics, killing innocent people. If abortion is terrorism, fundamentalists are fighting terrorism with terrorism.

Hey, I don't blame anyone here but I am not afraid to step on any toes if the situation calls for it. I have not stressed that I am any better than anyone.

Sure you have, Rex. You have implied that you are better than many people, especially those of Islamic faith. Your topic states that people in the religious group with which you're associated will never suicide bomb.

I counter that in religious fundamentalism, you simply leave the killing to God. The terrorist tactics and coercion are still there.

Most Muslims are peaceful; some Muslims are extremists who will kill to advance their beliefs. Most Christians are peaceful; others are extremists who will kill to advance their beliefs. Fanaticism and violence are no strangers to either religion.

Ginny

• Satanus
    Satanus

Rex

W Bush is a born again christian. Is he guilty of killing or getting innocent people killed?

Bill clinton is a baptist. He was responsible for thousands of innocent iraqi kids' deaths from sickness and starvation. Many people close to him, who may have seen things they shouldn't, had strange deaths.

You said:
    'Where did Jesus say, "If they won't convert, YOU are to kill them"? Did Jesus and the apostles rob caravans and murder people?'

Jesus said to the effect, bring those who didn't want me to be king before me and slaughter them.

SS

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

OK, Ginny, let's boogie.

>I asserted that in Christianity there is no real need, since God himself will do the killing. I mainly asserted that God is a terrorist, an assertion which you have not debated.

Absolutely NOT. God determines our life spans to start with. You argue a moot point.
    1)The created does not judge the creator because he does not have sufficient facts.
    2) God has offered redemption to all under His terms, as is His right.
    3) God Himself paid the price by suffering the most excruciating death and humiliation. If you choose not to accept His sacrifice you are to blame for your own eternal death.

>Christianity has a history of martyrdom and crusades. This is not a straw man. The point is that historically some fundamentalists have been willing to die for a cause, just as have Islamic fundamentalists. If blaming Christianity for crusades is over-generalizing and unfair, then so is blaming Islam for the behavior of a few fanatics.

And that is a lie. It's a lie that the agnostic's use constantly. The Kingdom of God is not of this world and you can't lay any bloodguilt at the foot of the cross. No human organisation speaks for God and any that do good works can also become corrupt.
    Islam has as it's main focus conquest by man, which you continue to ignore.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>In my first response to your post, I did not castigate you personally, Rex. I pointed out what I see as inconsistencies in your outlook.

Ginny, you sidestepped my explanation for why Christians may not always act by Christian principles.

>In my second response, I tried to explain why people may react negatively to your posts. If you presented your message differently, e.g. "This is an answer I've found to be satisfying. Perhaps it could help you, too," without the backlash of condemnation and self-righteousness, I think people would react differently. Sure, people would still question, but I don't think the answers would be quite so harsh.

I don't see it that way, but I will try to observe my own reponses.

quote:
    BTW, when did you last see a whole network of Christian fundy terrorist groups bent on killing innocent people by the thousands?

>"It is worth reminding ourselves that extreme Christian fundamentalism breeds its own violent cells of terrorists here at home. According to the Abortion Rights League, there have been 2,500 reported attacks and 55,000 acts of illegal disruption against medical clinics since the late 1970s in the United States."

Which is American citizens exercising their rights to protest what they view as murder.

>You can also read about acts of religious terrorism committed by Christian fundamentalists in India, including Baptist missionary Graham Staines:

Was he following the word of God in doing so? Christiianity has no Jihad. You are using incidental evidence that is in no way typical nor widespread.

>There's also this:
    quote:
    >At the fringe of Evangelism are groups whose enthusiasm for the coming of the messiah ring alarm bells for Israeli law security authorities. Some plan to mount a violent attack at the Temple Mount in order to induce the battle of the end of days, while others have rented apartments in Jerusalem to peacefully await the foretold calamities and the return of Jesus. There are also groups who have declared their intention to commit suicide in Jerusalem prior to the millennium in anticipation of being brought back to life on New Year's Day, 2000. In January 1999, Israeli police arrested members of one such group - the Colorado-based "Concerned Christians" - who were said to be plotting violent attacks on sensitive sites and a mass suicide on the eve of the third millennium. Sending a warning to similarly-intentioned groups, all of the Concerned Christians were deported.

Hmmm, you've yet to show me one car bomb that has destroyed innocents. I have yet to see dancing in the streets over the twin towers being destroyed by any similiar acts from any 'claimed' Christian.

>Just do a search for "Christian," "fundamentalist," and "violent," and you'll find lots more.

How reliable is the information? Do the sites give us back up sources? Does this in any way compare with the amount of Islamic terrorism, condoned by the Jihad, from the KORAN, since Islam's inception? Frankly, I've seen the typical anti-Christian propaganda is just that.

>quote:
    Where did Jesus say, "If they won't convert, YOU are to kill them"? Did Jesus and the apostles rob caravans and murder people?

>Jesus trusted that his father would cast people into hell; he and his apostles need not sully their hands. "Convert or die" is the same message whether you do the killing personally or have a celestial hitman, Rex.

We dealt with that above. Not only is this besides the point, since Christianity teaches that only those who are in league with Satan will die at armageddon, but also because you ignore the right of the creator to demand that His creation worship Him alone.
    Him and not our selfish desires, idols, money, other 'gods' and the list goes on. That is logical and that is just.

quote:

>I think you know as well as I do that there are Christian groups which promote hate and killing, the Ku Klux Klan for one.

Show me from theKoran where either of these are not teaching Islam.
    Oh sheesh, you call KKK 'Christian'? Is this the best argument (from slander again) that you can do?

quote:

>As I noted above, fundamentalist Christians have attacked medical clinics, killing innocent people. If abortion is terrorism, fundamentalists are fighting terrorism with terrorism.

Hmm. I saw no figures in the news for pregnant women, NOW activists, nurses, social workers or doctors. If they did, by the above argument (by me) they are NOT TRUE Christians, they play at being 'Christian'.
    Maybe some day a 'Christian terrorist' will fly a 737 into a abortion clinic, eh? Do you see how ludicrous your argument is yet?

quote:
    Hey, I don't blame anyone here but I am not afraid to step on any toes if the situation calls for it. I have not stressed that I am any better than anyone.

>Sure you have, Rex. You have implied that you are better than many people, especially those of Islamic faith. Your topic states that people in the religious group with which you're associated will never suicide bomb.

Look at the logic and the facts. You are completely wrong. I am deserving of nothing and God has given me all. If I do good works it is only because He lives in me. He is superior in all ways, as are His teachings. That I will proclaim loudly despite any resentment from anyone reading this.

>I counter that in religious fundamentalism, you simply leave the killing to God. The terrorist tactics and coercion are still there.

The same nonsense again.

>Most Muslims are peaceful

They do not follow the Koran then, they are selectivly ignoring the horrid side of their belief. BTW, don't assume that even the 'moderates' are not cheering the Osama's of the world on. Just look at the complicity of the Saudis and the numerous muslim 'charities' taht are being exposed!

>some Muslims are extremists who will kill to advance their beliefs.

Yes, the ones who follow their Koran to the letter of its 'law'. The rest are 'backslid' according to their own faith.

>most Christians are peaceful

Because they are taught thus. An important point. Do you realize that most moslem schools are training up little terrorists by their teachings? You better open your eyes, Ginny, they grow up to be effective with box cutters and suicide to try and gain paradise.

; others are extremists who will kill to advance their beliefs. Fanaticism and violence are no strangers to either religion.

Fanaticism and violence is NOT TAUGHT in Christ's life or his word as revealed to us. That is the point of the matter and you cannot dispute the stark differences between the N.T. and the Koran.
    One had a messiah who died for all of our sins and taught peace.
    The other robbed caravans, ruled by violence, taught Jihad, never performed a miracle and never lived even by his own moral law.

Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit