These fundies will never suicide bomb

by Rex B13 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Here is a url that shows the truth of Christ's command to Christian's, "love they neighbor". BTW, the same denomination baptized over 950,000 (Yep, almost a million) last year. My wife, two sons and I were 4 of them.

http://www.namb.net/dr/

Rex

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Give it up.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Rex

Bragging about numbers reminds me.... O yes, the wt used to do that.

I'm glad you have found a place where you are happy. I don't need groupthink. Thank very much.

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Who needs suicide bombs when one worships an Almighty Terrorist?

But if you will not hearken to me, and will not do all these commandments . . . I will do this to you: I will appoint over you sudden terror, consumption, and fever that waste the eyes and cause life to pine away. . . . And I will bring a sword upon you, that shall execute vengeance for the covenant; and if you gather within your cities I will send pestilence among you, and you shall be delivered into the hand of the enemy.

Leviticus 26

Jesus packaged it a little more nicely, but the message is the same:

But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear him!

Luke 12:5

Isn't free will grand?

Ginny

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If they ever change their minds,maybe skipper can send them 4 pair of exploding socks.

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Hello Rex B13:

Do not be discouraged if some of the replies are not exactly what you might like.

Charitable works are characteristic of every Great Belief.

Keeping a scorecard may not be necessary, but it's hard to see how it could be detrimental and could be helpful if it encourages others.

Helping to provide food for the hungry and drink for the thirsty is a clear commandment to anyone who has read the gospels. I cannot understand how any religion could claim to be Christian (let alone the claim of being the Only True Channel of God) without supporting humanitarian assistance for those in need.

• TR
    TR

More hoes for the celestial sugardaddy.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• Norm
    Norm

Hi there Rex,

I see you are impressed with the increase of Baptism but there is one group that grows much more according to one of your faith’s magazines:

Atheism: Fastest Growing American Religion
    “Surveys show atheism as the fastest-growing American belief. Up to 8 per cent of adult Americans are atheists” says the April 5, Washington Times in a report titled “Humanists pronounce movement a positive force—Say its influence on culture cannot be stopped.” The Baptist Challenge May 1996. page 9.

Now we know where you have got the delusion that Atheism is a religion.

Among other gems you can find in this magazine is this:

“Carl Sagan: “Educated Fool: Faces Death. World famous evolutionist and star of the “Cosmos” series Carl Sagan was named “Humanist of the Year” in 1981. He said back then he opposed the spread of Christianity. In the 3/18 USN&WR he says “...the Bible is demonstrably wrong in areas of science.” His new book is entitled: The Demon- Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark. Sagan now faces death from a rare bone-marrow disease, and his despair is sad to behold (3/10 Parade): He says: “Four times now have I looked Death in the face ... I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But ... I know of nothing to suggest that [an afterlife] is more than wishful thinking.” He said “I cannot conceive of a god who rewards and punishes his creatures....” The god of science offers no hope at death. — CC” The Baptist Challenge May 1996. page 12.

And this:

Disney Is Pagan, Pro-Sodomite.
    Creationist Ken Ham in his 2/96 Answers In Genesis says: “[For] years, I have been saying that as people or organizations build their thinking on evolution, they’ll eventually abandon Christian morality, build a humanistic worldview, and eventually move into the New Age movement.” During a re-cent visit to Disneyland, he said “... it hit me how pagan Disney had become.” He cited music, and evolutionary propaganda, and said Disney offers health insurance to live-in partners of its homosexual employees. Disney head Michael Eisner says Disney (which tries to influence children) has the “largest lesbian and gay employees organization in the entertainment industry,” and that “as many as 40 percent of its 63,000 employees might be [homo-sexual].” — CC”
    The Baptist Challenge May 1996. page 12.

Like the Watchtower this Baptist magazine also have “tips” on proper dress

“What Is Proper Dress? By Velma Merritt
    Styles in clothing get more and more relaxed. Many churches are feeling the strain of deciding if anything should be said about appropriate dress for church. Parents are sending their daughters in pants and shorts — some even in hot pants — to God’s house.” The Baptist Challenge May 1996. page 10.

I can really understand that you feel at home in your “new” religion Rex, it is almost like the one you left.

Norm.

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

>Give it up.

NEVER
    The big problem here is that you people are afraid that the Christian faith is the 'one, true way', just as Jesus proclaimed in John 14.6, then backed up with miracle after miracle. He proved this then by performing the ultimate miracle: raising his dead physical body into the complete spiritual one that all who believe look forward too.
    I have heard some wonder what the 'next big step in evolution will be like'. Using that as an analogy, this occurred 2000 years ago in Jerusalem. The prototype was and is, Jesus Christ. All who share in 'the calling' will be moving on to the spiritual body. They are even now being transformed, not into 'nice people' from the depraved rabble that they are, but into 'new man'.
    The New Man is such an advance from the old as to be almost unrecognmizable yet with many similiarities. C. S. Lewis uses the example of a horse being transformed into a 'horse with wings', admitting that the analogy breaks down but it gets the point across.
    Naebis, you are scared and anxious, making a mistake of youth: thinking you know it all.
    Ginny, you continue to use the parts of the Bible you find distasteful as an excuse to disbelieve. You forget the wager of pascal, which is valid in use with Christianity, there is no faith closer to making any sense whatsoever.
    SS, you may have almost had it and now it appears you are hardened against it.
    Norm, you are a sad case indeed. You cannot stand for someone to have found inner peace and contentment.
    The rest of you are like little kids tossing stones at the door of some scary old man, hoping to rouse his anger and prove how brave you are. You still trumpet the Watchtower's main message: 'all other religion is false'.
    Don't throw away eternity until you have really given Jesus a chance. The more that you harden against His word, the more you will be hardened. That is the one unforgivable sin, the 'sin against the Spirit'.
    May God grant each of you what you ask for.
    Rex

I urge you who value logic and reason to read C.S. Lewis', Mere Christianity.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

*yawn*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit