Reinstated 5 yrs ago

by Treebe 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quandry
    Quandry

Well, I fall into the category of not practicing and angry since five men told my sixteen year old daughter she was filth in God's eyes and called her she a liar when she would not admit to fornication. No matter that there was no accusation, witnesses of such, or admission.

They have the power and can speak to you/treat you in whatever manner they want--what are you really going to do but take it if you want your priveledges back?

• 5go
    5go

I was looking at this topic and the "yrs a" dropped out some where in my head and I was thinking "when did I get deleted".

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

You should have been able to comment at the most 6 months after re-instatement. The elders have either forgotten about you or have some petty problem with you

Most of us here are ex witnesses. I would like to encourage you to find true happiness elsewhere.

• TMS
    TMS

The restoration of privileges after reinstatement is a very uneven process, almost cruel. Some committees will insist on near-perfect meeting attendance and field service. It is totally in their hands.

If the reinstated person doesn't speak up, the elders may simply forget.

One of my lowest points as an elder: I encouraged a young married sister to consider auxiliary pioneering. She looked at me quizzically. "You've never restored my privileges! I can't pioneer or even comment yet." I felt about an inch high. It was a terrible injustice. There is no real system in place to monitor the restoration of privileges for reinstated persons. It totally depends on the alertness of the elders and the aggressiveness of the one reinstated.

tms

• Carmel
    Carmel

I am forever amazed at the abuse people will perpetrate upon others in the name of religion! Anyone telling me I can't "comment" on any matter best have a big stick to knock me out. I simply refuse to be silenced when I feel the need to express myself. Shakin my head..... carmel

• Layla33
    Layla33

We are apostates hun, but anyhow, I have an analogy I like to use, it goes like this: I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that doesn't want me to join.

I do not understand why adults play this game of acceptance and rejection over and over again. This is not spirituality, has nothing to do with God, it's all about imperfect people deciding in their imperfect state who they think is acceptable or not. Think outside the box. They play their favorites and their games just like any other religious organization out there.

And feel free to discredit this completely, but I once walked in darkness until I could see, so my heart goes out to you.

• new boy
    new boy

She gone..."This speech is schocking you can hear it"

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel
    They really aren't concerned with the every day publisher. Especially if you had been DISCIPLINED. We don't matter anymore.

I SECOND that. I once had an elder (one who had been on my judicial committee, and so knew of all my struggles, and how genuine I was) make a disparaging remark in response to my excitement about my new bible student that it would only be a matter of time before I dropped the ball on that one. They EXPECT you to fail if you have been DISCIPLINED. It's only a matter of time, in their eyes.

I'm not angry or bitter. I'm not practicing either. I'm inactive. I do not consider myself a Jehovah's Witness. I am so sorry for the mind games you have been put through. I don't know how else to say this but you will be much happier when you relinquish their control over you and live your life according to your own conscience, not the one the WTS prescribed for you.

Your elders believe it's only a matter of time until you fall away. Why don't you use that as a welcome reason to fade away from them, take some time for yourself, do your own REAL research, and prove the truth to yourself. Stick around here too; there are lots of wonderful people who understand what you have been through. I am one of them, was disfellowshipped for years, never missed a meeting the entire time I was disfellowshipped.

Peace,

Rachel

• mind my own
    mind my own

I am sorry you are feeling the way you are feeling! Welcome to the forum though.

I hope you will find what you are lacking in your current situtation here. We are a loving and supportive group here. Take a look around the site, there are lots of people who were unhappy with how they were treated here.

All the best to you!

MMO

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I wish I could give you a big hug. You're always welcome here if you need someone to talk to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit